Vertigo And Tinnitus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eastwest

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have had severe tinnitus for about 10 years . I Blasted my left ear drum as a teenager and did much harm to my hearing all through my life . Having had vertigo a few times is pretty bad . When it happens your incapacitated twelve to 24 hours at a time . There are no cures but good health ,diet and exercise . I will go diving very soon and hope Mr. Vertigo does not come to visit me 80 feet below . Peace Mr. Rumdumb

I have had severe tinnitus for about 10 years . I Blasted my left ear drum as a teenager and did much harm to my hearing all through my life . Having had vertigo a few times is pretty bad . When it happens your incapacitated twelve to 24 hours at a time . There are no cures but good health ,diet and exercise . I will go diving very soon and hope Mr. Vertigo does not come to visit me 80 feet below . Peace Mr. Rumdumb
Hi @Eastwest , is there a question here?

Best regards,
DDM

I, too, suffer from minor tinnitus, vision convergence issues, and occasional vertigo. Interestingly, the last two instances of severe vertigo occured after initial day of diving on my last two trips. Once the evening of the day, and once on the following day. I don't know if this was a coincidence or causative. I did learn that it was possible to puke through a double hose regulator.

Hi @Eastwest , is there a question here? SURE and I will listen to your advice . I have been lightheaded most my life and did much heavy drugs in my teens . I blew the left ear drum 75% maybe at 15 years of age and got clean and sober at 22 . After 30 years sober , wondered if I took to much LSD . I was diagnosed with moderate ADHD and took stimulants for 15 years . Stimulants were high octane but quit because my family is more important and not to risk as my tinnitus is similar to drug induced psychosis . The noise in my head did not go away but am proud to put my family first . A hearing aid sounds like a cracked speaker so am willing to try a few different drugs that are selegiline and bethahistine and your kind advice . May this information about my life be helpful to others and it is good to be in the drivers seat of my life . Rumdumb

I have tinnitus and hearing loss. I have been using hearing aides about ten years and they can help with the tinnitis (which is a symptom of hearing loss). I have only had momentary vertigo. I had it once in the water on a night dive and the spinning was pretty bad. I think it was the result of differential ear clearing as I was coming up to the surface. It was pretty scary, and I was able to wait it out.

If you think you are going to be prone to vertigo while diving I would recommend talking to an ENT about it before hand and call DAN for advice. Mine was brief (30 seconds to a minute) and I was heading to the surface when it happened. I tried not to barf through my regulator, but it was pretty unpleasant and scary. Have a plan.

Hi @Eastwest , is there a question here? SURE and I will listen to your advice . I have been lightheaded most my life and did much heavy drugs in my teens . I blew the left ear drum 75% maybe at 15 years of age and got clean and sober at 22 . After 30 years sober , wondered if I took to much LSD . I was diagnosed with moderate ADHD and took stimulants for 15 years . Stimulants were high octane but quit because my family is more important and not to risk as my tinnitus is similar to drug induced psychosis . The noise in my head did not go away but am proud to put my family first . A hearing aid sounds like a cracked speaker so am willing to try a few different drugs that are selegiline and bethahistine and your kind advice . May this information about my life be helpful to others and it is good to be in the drivers seat of my life . Rumdumb
First, congratulations on your sobriety. That's an ongoing journey and to have done it for 30 years is admirable. Have you been able to determine a cause for your episodes of vertigo? Have you been seen by a diving physician? Depending on exactly where in Hippydom you are, there may be someone close by who can give you more details and better advice as your case seems a bit complex.

Best regards,
DDM

Back
Top Bottom