Video camera and housing DIY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Delta

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anybody build their own underwater camera and housing that can be used or put on a full face mask? You can buy one of those cheap mini cameras and put it inside a plastic tube, seal it well using O-rings, Polymorph and epoxy resin. Than the cable would go from the camera up to the surface and connected to a monitor.

I was wondering if anybody have made there own and used it. What was the result and it would be fun to see some pictures of their setup.

I ran across this homepage and as you can see it is possible to build it and do it cheap. But this guy is not a diver so I would like a feedback from divers.

http://www.rmcybernetics.com/projects/DIY_Devices/homemade_underwater_camera.htm

Yes I know I read those and they are great. But the camera that I was thinking about is much smaller and can be put on a full face mask and is connected to a monitor.

I guess you mean like a canister light, which I like the idea?

Back
Top Bottom