Video - Free Diving Interior Of The Sea Emperor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

True, most of the negatives applied at greater depth. Then again, I never wore the backup gear for shallower dives to 70 ft.. Doing a free ascent after breathing compressed air from 90 ft. would be problematical. I think I may have done one while scuba diving, stupidly but with continuous exhalations as a young teen from around 60 ft., without negative effects that time. I wouldn't recommend it, much less stretching it to 90 ft.. Ideally, you would have enough air to make a controlled ascent and never have to go into free ascent mode. Still, once you take a breath of compressed air on a breathhold dive, you're committed to that slow ascent and exhaling on the way up. Focusing on conservative bottom times and maintaining capacity reserves while free diving are key.

For a good freediver and good scuba diver switching over to scuba at 60-90 ft would seem to be trivial, but we all make our estimates of risk and reward and then bet our lives on it..

That's an awesome video but way too risky....as if there aren't hooks and fishing lines and other snags just waiting to grab and hang on..in those tubes ????.at 140 feet ...breath holding..sheesh.

The wreck is in 70 ft.. How many might make a similar observation about scuba diving in general from the out of control ascent from 70 ft. shown in the clip, given knowledge of what easily could have happened. At the same time, experienced scuba divers would know how readily the problem might have been avoided in the first place. Life is dangerous by definition, how you prepare and go about it can make a difference. I don't recommend scooter free diving to anyone but enjoy doing it myself.

The wreck is in 70 ft.. How many might make a similar observation about scuba diving in general from the out of control ascent from 70 ft. shown in the clip, given knowledge of what easily could have happened. At the same time, experienced scuba divers would know how readily the problem might have been avoided in the first place. Life is dangerous by definition, how you prepare and go about it can make a difference. I don't recommend scooter free diving to anyone but enjoy doing it myself.

I find it a little funny that scuba divers call you nuts, while their non-diving friends call them nuts for doing a 30 foot reef dive. It's all a matter of perspective.

You must have some giant balls.... Awesome vid.

Maybe, but he definitely has something big and powerful between his legs..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom