VIDEO from NJ WRECK DIVE - RP RESOR 7-29-12 on the INDEPENDENCE II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayne at DiveSeekers

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Here is a little video shot from our amazing day on the RP RESOR (30 miles out) off of Jersey yesterday on the Independence II!!! I had 2 TDI Advanced Nitrox/Staged Deco students and we easily had 50' Viz! Viz was so good that you didn't need to run line but of course, that is something you need to do for my class. Students did great and passed their dives. Video shot with GoPro with no lights or filter (coming soon). Unfortunately, for the first time ever the housing started to fog up on me. BTW, water 76 degrees on Deco (20')!!

NJ WRECK RP RESOR 7 29 12 - YouTube

This is the best time of the year (Aug, Sept, Oct) to be diving NJ. We are running a Shop trip to the RP Resor (130') on August 11th!!!

Mark Your Calendar Now & Sign Up on DIVESEEKERS.com!!

R.P. Resor TSC-NJW-081112 * Dive with DiveSeekers.com 888-SCUBA-47

Looks like a great dive. Wish I was closer!

Great video. Wow - that fish at 0:31 is just plain rude!

Tell me about it, there are a couple of those that probably chipped a tooth or two and need some dental work!! They see their reflection in the lens and try to bite it.

Awesome. I am diving the GoPro with the SRP Blurfix. The best thing I like about it is the ability to add filters. I dive the Great Lakes and we have a lot of green water and the filter for those conditions just makes the pics incredible.

Great footage! I am a new diver in New Jersey. Do you do any basic dives in the area? Would definately be intersted.

Great footage! I am a new diver in New Jersey. Do you do any basic dives in the area? Would definately be intersted.

YES!!! The RESOR is 30 miles out so I would recommend something closer before venturing out there. Before recommending wrecks off the coast, there are some basic questions, have you dove locally before? What is your diving experience to date? Etc.... Please feel free to call me at the shop 908-359-1250 to discuss in detail, it would be a lot easier.

If that video is from the GoPro I will have to ditch my Huge Gates housing and camera. It is clear and with great definition.

GoPro form factor is certainly easy to work with - but a 3 chip HD camera can't be beat. Especially if you need to edit for TV or such.

Gates housings are great. Almost bulletproof.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom