Video Housing in Travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ikelite housing for my old Sony PC101 travels wrapped up in a towel in my backpack, which gets checked. It's survived trips to Hawaii, LA, Cabo San Lucas, and the BVIs in this manner. The camera comes with me in a Portercase.

I went to Miami, FL in Nov 05 and took my Ikelite housing as a carry on. But as someone mentioned already, plan to get early to wherever you go because most screeners don't know what a housing is, then they take it to another machine where they check for explosive powder or something because they brush the equipment with a cloth and put the cloth into a machine and finally after 5 min or so, they give our equipment back and then you have to take the time to arrange evrything back in order in your carry on. This happened every time i checked in to an airport (Phoenix and Miami).

Just be prepared. I would not take the chance of having my housing checked in because airlines lose baggages all the time, even though you have insurance, you will ruin that particular trip if they lose your housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom