Video - MV Castor - 12-15-05 - New Damage from Wilma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Here's the first footage shot with my new SMALL Ikelite housing, and different camera alltogether... this is shot with a SONY DCR HC-30.

This is from the MV Castor (More INFO on Castor) on Dec 15, 2005.

This shipwreck suffered some severe damage from Hurricane Wilma. Prior to the hurricane, the ship was completely intact, now a HUGE section from the starboard side of the ship has been broken away from the main portion of the ship. As you can see from the video, some portions of the ship have been moved 20-30 feet away from the ship itself. It was pretty amazing to see. We also shot a seperate video of our little eggsperiment, which was to see what happens with a fresh egg cracked open at a depth of 100'.

Ok... Links you say?

This link is to my SB Gallery for the lower quality video from the castor Castor Video Compressed

Higher Quality Video from the MV Castor.

Egg Video

Enjoy!

how do you like the Ikelite housing and HC-30? I just bought the HC-42 and Ikelite housing (housing hasn't arrived yet) for Christmas..... I can't wait to use them both. This will be our first attempt into video as we have been doing digital still for 3+ years now. Can't wait !! Any info or hints you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
thanks!

robint

robint:
how do you like the Ikelite housing and HC-30? I just bought the HC-42 and Ikelite housing (housing hasn't arrived yet) for Christmas..... I can't wait to use them both. This will be our first attempt into video as we have been doing digital still for 3+ years now. Can't wait !! Any info or hints you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
thanks!

robint

It's good... It takes a little getting used to vs. my Sony TRB housing which has electronic controls.

Info, hints... Generally, upwards angles work well for shots. I would get a wide angle adapter for the camera. Also, I would get the color correction filter from ike for your housing.

Also... you'll probably want to invest in lights to at some point.

For me, I just went out and started shooting video. After about 5-10 dives with the video, I started to get better. Experiment a lot.

Very interesting video of the egg. I don't think I've ever dived the MV Castor.

DennisW:
Very interesting video of the egg. I don't think I've ever dived the MV Castor.

Our next egg-speriment is to see "at what depth will the egg disperse?"

We will obviously try this near the end of our dive... crack the egg at depth, and bring it up with us, to see where pressure gives up. Any guesses? Should we start a pool?

Back
Top Bottom