Video on A570is

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, I type too slow. As soon as I posted the above, Realdiver7 answered it. Thanks.

Sorry, I type too slow. As soon as I posted the above, Realdiver7 answered it. Thanks.

It should take more video than what I recorded, but I had 710 pictures at 8 MP on the card too.

realdiver7, that's a good question ie how to combine a couple short ones into a longer clip...I have no idea, in fact, in the future I'm going to make an effort to shoot longer videos......If any one knows how, we would appreciate some help.......

If I'm not mistaken(I tried to figure it out while actually on a dive last month in Cozumel),every second of video equals 1 still shot or about 10 to 1 ratio???---in other words, for a 20 second video shot, I used up 20 still shots of the memory card??.....Does this seem about right??.....

Guys,

You'll probably need to invest in some video editing S/W to combine the clips. There is some freeware available out there that might work - all you need to do is Google "free video editing software" and you'll get a lot of hits.

The other option to purchase some and that runs from relatively cheap to quite expensive. One option to consider is AVS Media's Video tools package.

Video Converter: convert video & dvd with AVS Video Tools!

Our graphics person at work likes this package and it only sets you back about $40.

Rickg

I got this camera (Canon SD 870 IS) and the Canon housing for under $500 as an early Christmas gift. I took it to Hawaii and used it for video and still pictures. It is simply GREAT, huge screen, easy to use and great quality. With A 4 GB SD chip I got 40 minutes of video and stills during the Manta night dive...all of us on the dive were amazed at the quality.

Oh I forgot to say on my last post...

P.S. I ordered the A570is and the housing. Should be delivered by friday and next friday I'll be in the bahamas. After the bahamas I will write a full review of the camera as it pertains to diving with examples because being a newbie to this part of diving, this was the hardest thing to find.

I use Memories on TV and have good luck with it. It was primarily designed to make very interesting slide shows of pictures but will also allow you to insert video with no problems. It is easy to use and turns out great videos. Never had any problems burning CD videos or DVD videos.

Photo Slideshow Software by CodeJam

Like everyone else, I picked up an a570is over the holidays. I was surprised by the video quality.

Here's a video of today's dive. While most of the video was in > 40' in overcast weather and 30' viz, it's worth checking the end of the video. The wolf eel was < 40', and the colors came out great. No add'l lighting and UW WB mode.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom