Video: Saturday at Que Paso and Fan Shell Beach Pinnacles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you flip a GWS on its belly, it goes to sleep. Now prove me wrong :D
The orca CA2 already proved that! "In an interesting eye witness case in 1997 around the Farallon Islands off the coast of California, a female orca was seen purposely inducing tonic immobility in a great white shark. The orca held the shark upside down to induce the tonic immobility, and kept the shark still for fifteen minutes, causing it to suffocate to death."

So all you have to do is hit a 15' or so GWS hard enough to knock it silly, then grasp it and hold it for 15 minutes. No problem.

For those that don't know the orca happens to have acquired a taste for shark liver.

I posted video above, and picture links below :swordfight:

Snoozing Great White
SLEEPING GIANT GREAT WHITE THAT CAME ALIVE

pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif

That GWS is dead, I believe they don't have swim bladders so they must continue swimming or sink. So this shark must have died and flipped on the belly.

That GWS is dead, I believe they don't have swim bladders so they must continue swimming or sink. So this shark must have died and flipped on the belly.

Mike, that Orca that kills the GW sharks is well documented. There's a better video of that Orca killing a GW shark in front of a boat full of whale watchers. It immobilized it, brought it to the surface, and killed it. It then proceeded to eat the shark's liver.

Almost simultaneously, the research scientists at South East Farallon Island noticed all of the other GW sharks disappeared (within a day of the attack) and did not return for the rest of the the season. They high-tailed it out of there.

Oh Mikey...are we going to have to teach you to research stuff? :D

"the mate jokingly nudged the shark’s nose and was in the process of jokingly saying, “I’m making sure it’s not sleeping,” but before he could get the whole sentence out, the shark “sprang to life and began barreling into the boat,” said Kaizer."

Boaters startle “sleeping” (likely sick) great white shark, which in turn startles boaters - The Dorsal Fin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom