[Video] Shaw's Cove - Thanksgiving Morning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer

Contributor
Reaction score
A few of us went down to Shaw's Cove for an early morning dive on Thanksgiving before we had to head out to family dinners. LOTS of divers out that morning.

Took our Nikon D7000 underwater for the first time. Conditions were decent and it was fun playing around with the camera for a bit. Pretty happy with the video quality. Look forward to shooting it on some more exciting dives in the coming months. For 1080p HD, select the "HD" option (if you have a fast connection), otherwise turn "HD" off.

[vimeo]32901420[/vimeo]

As always, Chris, I enjoyed your video. Good job with the new camera. Which housing did you get?

I assure you conditions were not as nice as the video made it look....I only wish I could dive through the video's eyes :wink:

Thanks for posting! It came out very nice :D

I assure you conditions were not as nice as the video made it look....I only wish I could dive through the video's eyes :wink:

Thanks for posting! It came out very nice :D
Really? Hard to believe when you see Chris' video. That is one heck of a camera if it can improve dive conditions.

Thanks, Sam! We picked up an Aquatica housing.

Nice housing.

Really? Hard to believe when you see Chris' video. That is one heck of a camera if it can improve dive conditions.

Conditions weren't awful, but the video does look a bit cleaner than things actually were. Still, a very pleasant way to spend a Thanksgiving morning!

Nice housing.

You know how to make a man blush. :wink:

In response to a PM, some details on the setup:

Aquatica housing, 4" mini dome port, Tokina 10-17mm. Mostly shot at 10mm. I basically kept in around f/4.5 and as near to base ISO as I could (100-400). I focused a couple of times at something a few feet away, and then just left the focus alone. That kept infinity to within about a foot of the port in focus. Otherwise, I left everything else in manual.

Look forward to playing around more with different settings and seeing what works best underwater. Fun to have something new to try. For now, this is going to mean a lot less scootering... :)

In response to a PM, some details on the setup:

Aquatica housing, 4" mini dome port, Tokina 10-17mm. Mostly shot at 10mm. I basically kept in around f/4.5 and as near to base ISO as I could (100-400). I focused a couple of times at something a few feet away, and then just left the focus alone. That kept infinity to within about a foot of the port in focus. Otherwise, I left everything else in manual.

Look forward to playing around more with different settings and seeing what works best underwater. Fun to have something new to try. For now, this is going to mean a lot less scootering... :)

I'm not really sure I'm okay with that....

I guess I'm just going to have to scoot with Stephen for one dive, you for one dive, and Jen for another....or I'm going to have to whor* out your scooters :wink:

That whole kicking business is too much work :D

You know what the other option is, right? You actually learn how to use one of the cameras! :)

I'm not really sure I'm okay with that....

I guess I'm just going to have to scoot with Stephen for one dive, you for one dive, and Jen for another....or I'm going to have to whor* out your scooters :wink:

That whole kicking business is too much work :D

The first part of that video looks like one of those computer-generated underwater screen savers, with the bright orange fish flitting about. Garibaldis just simply don't look real.

I sure envy you guys the viz you get!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom