Viking Extreme wrist seals: Replacement questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stackingreasyBBs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I cleverly arranged to tear a wrist seal at some point, and the small tear grows larger every dive, so I guess it's time to replace it. Any special techniques needed for this suit? My plan is to find some sort of mandrel that fits snugly into the arm, remove old seal, clean with something (cotol?), sand sleeve and seal (?), position new wrist seal, mark sleeve, roll up part of seal to be glued, glue, roll back down, let dry, tape. Sound decent? Someone vastly more experienced will be helping, thankfullly.

I also have the option of getting the HD seals from Viking. Any disadvantages to these I should know about? Seems like they might not seal as well as something more flexible, but then again, they wouldn't rip as easily either. Course, I'd also look like a tool only having one HD seal on, but I'm sure the other standard one will rip soon enough.

Anyway, any thoughts are appreciated.

You need to contact Bob3 here on the board, he's a Viking dealer and can help you get the seals and give guidance for installing them.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom