Vindicated by the TSA..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azscubadude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It was announced this morning that the TSA is initiating a pilot program to try out a Trusted Traveler Program patterned after Customs / Immigration's Global Entry program.

It says it will be tested on (don't hold me to this) American and Delta.. more details to follow. I'm sure there might be a devil in the details as the news report said it might be offered on an invitation only basis based on your frequent flyer program and the amount of miles you travel.

Not sure of the time period to roll it out but at least they are going to give it a try so (as the announcement said) they can concentrate more effort on incoming INTERNATIONAL flights..

All I can say is.. It's about time !! and Sign me up !!

yes, I heard American and Delta are going to be involved at it will be at selected airports, Atlanta & Dallas were on the list, of course, (the 2 airline hubs), I think DC, Chicago, NY & possibly LA were also on the list.

It initially won't help us much though, we only fly a couple times a year at the most.

I would pay whatever it takes (I travel through the US about 15 times a year on average).

Sadly as a "damn foreigner", I have been told I cannot be trusted enough, even as an Executive Platinum traveller who has never blown up a plane in his life. C'est la vie.

It cost me about $100 to apply for the Global Entry Program a few years back. I got the invite from Delta yesterday to be part of the aforementioned pilot program since I am frequent flyer and CBP approved already. It's a plus for getting back in after international flights. Not sure how much of an advantage it will be for domestic flying.

yes, I heard American and Delta are going to be involved at it will be at selected airports, Atlanta & Dallas were on the list, of course, (the 2 airline hubs), I think DC, Chicago, NY & possibly LA were also on the list.

It initially won't help us much though, we only fly a couple times a year at the most.
Detroit is also on the list of airports. It is the old hub for Northwest which merged with Delta.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom