Virgin........ dive waters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller,
Next weekend my wife, son, and I plan on diving Grass Lake. It's a small lake in Upstate New York. We've been told that a couple years ago someone lost a boat motor and hired some divers to recover it. They didn't find it. They reported Pea soup down to 20 ffw then clearer waters. Other than this and the fact that the deepest part of the lake is about 60-65 ffw, we have no information.
We plan on taking our usual gear and, lights, liftbag and reel, safety sausage, back-up computer,knives and seasnips. I also have a depth finder, and may cruise the lake in a boat first to check it out. We will also have non diving friends either on shore or in the boat, with a cellphone in case of emergency.We know where the LDS is in case we need more airfills, and we may stop there to see if they have any information about this lake.
If the diving sucks, I hear the fishing is great!

Tavi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom