Visiting Hawto Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, somehow this thread got lost.

Her facebook page can be found by doing a facebook search for: "Kahuku the terraces."

PM me for her cell phone number.

I am starting to plan a trip the big island of Hawaii. I am thinking that renting a VW camper will be my best bet to see a lot and to not end up paying a fortune. The other thing is I want to go to the Arizona and check out the memorial also whil there.

• So I am wondering if anyone else has done the VW hippie type deal and what they thought. That being said I grew up tent camping, unfortunately my girl friend is not very crazy about the idea but also understands saving $$.
  • any recomendations on dive sites, operations, ect. I plan on taking our own gear except for obviously tanks and weights.
  • any recommendations on how to get from the Big Island to the Pearl Harbour memorial preferrably with out going broke.
  • I guess lastly any recommendations on dry land activities that shouldnt be missed.

I look forward to reading any advise that you have to give.

the people that you rent the camper from are &*(holes. they will give your rental away without warning,,,recommend a tent

Hmmmm, a negative post with no backup information. Care to tell us WHY you feel that way?

wow didn't take much to kill this thread...hea bro, if you want to do the camper..I highly recommend doing aloha campers on maui...cause your choices for the big island is harpers which are huge, and $$$'y otherwise your going to gamble with the VW rentals on the big island...and they are...well...like I said, bring a tent, cause there's great dives at the camp grounds,
laytahs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom