Volume I of Encyclopedia of Florida Shipwrecks now available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aue-mike

Contributor
Reaction score
ENCYCLOPEDIA OF FLORIDA SHIPWRECKS
VOLUME I: ATLANTIC COAST

sample%20front%20cover.jpg
sample%20back%20cover.jpg

Volume I of the Encyclopedia of Florida Shipwrecks is the most detailed, comprehensive, and accurate inventory of shipwreck events and artificial reef sites for Florida's Atlantic coast. This volume, spanning almost 320 pages, includes more than 1,300 indexed entries for Atlantic coast shipwrecks and artificial reefs, 330 archival and underwater images, and 1,000 Atlantic coast shipwreck coordinates. As a result, this book is an invaluable resource to divers, fishermen, and historians.

sample%20book%20pages.jpg

ISBN: 978-0-9743036-1-1
8.5 x 11 inch format, 318 pages, perfect bound.

RETAIL PRICE: $29.95

Available from Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, or direct from the author via the AUE website.

Order Volume I of the Encyclopedia of Florida Shipwrecks between now and December 1 direct from the AUE website (AUE: ASSOCIATION OF UNDERWATER EXPLORERS) and receive a copy of the 2003 book Shipwrecks of the Sunshine State for free! The first batch of orders should be shipped out at the end of the month.

Cheers,
Mike

I have gotten reports of several errors when hitting the Paypal link. This appears to have been an issue with IE and the frames format of the AUE website. I think I have a fix around it now that seems to be working. If you still have issues getting to the Paypal link, you can try going right from the target page: AUE MAIN - FALL 2010
Feel free to PM me if you would rather pay by check or money order, or for wholesale pricing...
Cheers,
Mike

Paypal worked fine for me. No issues.

Barney, what is the Atlantic coast? I know that sounds stupid, but you know what I mean. Am I waiting for volume II?

Hi Frank-
Volume I spans from the GA/FL border (a few wrecks technically in GA are included) south to the Miami-Dade/Monroe County border, roughly around the Pacific Reef area. So, while Volume I might be of interest (especially if one were interested in getting the whole set for all Florida wrecks), Volume II covering the Florida Keys will be more of your backyard stuff. Volume III will cover Florida's Gulf coast...
Cheers,
Mike

If I buy it from the AUE website, will you personalize it?

How does this new volume differ from Barnette's other book, Florida's Shipwrecks ?

(Also- Amazon lists the new book for $34.95 instead of $29.99... and the image of the book cover isn't coming up on their site)

How does this new volume differ from Barnette's other book, Florida's Shipwrecks ?

The 2003 book included narratives on about 175 natural shipwrecks from around the entire state. It did not include artificial reefs. This new book is much more detailed and focused on just the Atlantic region, and includes all major artificial reefs as well. There are over 1,300 entries in the new book. When added to pending Volumes II and III, the trio will cover every major wreck and artificial reef off Florida. Basically the be-all, end-all info source for Florida shipwrecks and artificial reefs.

(Also- Amazon lists the new book for $34.95 instead of $29.99... and the image of the book cover isn't coming up on their site)

Interesting, I was told Amazon, Barnes and Noble would not add that info for about 4 weeks. Good to see they are adding it already! The $34.95 price was my original retail price, but considering the economy and other factors, I decided to lower it a bit to $29.95. The price change will be updated at the end of the month.

Also, Amazon and others won't give you the 2003 book for free (which you get if you order before December 1 from the AUE site).

Cheers,
Mike

I noticed that about the Amazon price also. But figured for less, I could get more (2 books). I already own the other, but I loan it out often so it is rarely on my shelf when I want to look at it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom