Vortex update.... 7-28-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JEC11718

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Here is the Viz report.. Arrived around 10am, got my gear unloaded, check-in taken care of, and got in the water. Raining steady, but no thunder/ lightning, I didn't see any divers other than myself, viz was 30+ (from surface could see bottom of start of passage to cavern) but silt and algae was present, hit the bottom of the cavern, saw the grim reaper sign and hung-out for the remainder of dive watching the fish and looking for craw-fish. Towards the end of the first dive, maintenance man was vacuuming algae by the man-made cave, saw a few divers coming, and from there viz dropped quick, from the traffic. Second dive very similar but was tagging along with a nice dad/son combo from Louisiana( Nice to meet you Greg! Thanks for letting me tag-along!) For my first time to any spring...was a much needed change of scenery and the water temp was 66 degrees! Morrison is on my to-do-list. :)

Back
Top Bottom