Vortoberfest V - 2009 Trip Report and Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well their site says they are planning on a new site in November. (Not sure if that's been up there since LAST November though....)

I'm betting they won't do anything and will just upgrade the whole site next month.

There site is very old and is basically a copy of the exact same text that was on the previous owners site. It's due for a "redo"

THREAD KILLER! :dork2:

Nice to see Jhayes camera still working unlike mine.:D

Jhayes made some serious improvements to his camera after seeing what happened to yours!
Nice to see Jhayes camera still working unlike mine.:D

Except for a few stragglers my pictures are posted to my gallery under Vortoberfest 5. Feel free to do with them as you please. If you would like the uncompressed file on any of the pictures please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
My office notebook will not let me in as well. No problem with Mike's link though. It's a really bad economy if someone has the time and will to mess with that site. :wink:

I've got the same problem, I've tried to call them to: 1) tell them about it and 2) check on cabin availability for Nov. 9-11.
Google posted a warning about their site. When I called no one answered the phone and there was no messaging system.

Any update on Vortex yet???

the K

The Vortex Web Site is safe to visit. Shane will explain when he can I'm sure. He advertises with Google. They did a scan akin to what we call an ISS scan and discovered a corrupt graphic with an imbedded link to a site that has been associated with adware, malware, etc. They notified Shane and he removed the graphic immediately.

My Norton gives me no indication of problems on the spring website but there is a banner on Google that tells you that there may be danger to open the site. The banner will not be removed by Google until they repeat their scan and declare the site safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom