Vyper download problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrMojo

Reaction score
Can anyone help i am having problems downloading profiles off my vyper.I have suuntos own inerface and not really had problems before but now when it gets to 30% downloaded it says file corrupted clean contacts i have done this and still get the same messsage . At one point i got to 78% as i have tried holding the inface tight to the contacts but sometimes this this only gives me 30%.I have only 83 dives on the vyper any advice would be grateful.

Regards,

MAL..

That your com port is correctly configured and working properly. It sounds like that may be the problem. Use the Setting>PC Interface>Test sequence to verify.

On the Sunnto inferface, the contacts are spring loaded and with the snap in attachment it should hold it tight enough to download fine.

You might want to check and see if the com port is being used by other devices: mouse, etc. that could cause it to not connect properly.

good luck.

the contacts.

You can get some "marine slime" on the contacts and it will do this.

I've had it happen.

thanks guys for the replies .
ABQ i know the ports ok as is the only device i plug into me laptop but i checked it just incase and its ok.

Genisis yeah already tried that after cutting up me sons eraser.

Out of frustration i turned my comp off and laptop off and left it for an hour .Just tried it again and it loaded first time.This is after over 15 attempts so i guess its just a glitch but i shall keep an eye on it.
Thanks all for your help.

Regards,

MAL..

I've had a couple people have a similar problem with my interface, but the contacts/connection was never the problem. I've had a couple sent back to me only to find that the interface worked fine. The solution... a couple people tried uninstalling and reinstalling divemanager (after backing up thier dive log). This solved the problem instantly. Not sure if its caused by windows or divemanager, but at least we see there's a couple different solutions.

I sometimes have to hold the interface and the Vyper in my hand to keep the connection straight until it's done downloading.

I get this on occasion as well.

Before reinstalling though I would look to cleaning the contacts on the interface on the back of the Vyper. It's always fixed this problem for me.

Marc

despite what a lot of die hard suunto interface fans say, I've heard from a fair number of people that say the interface does not maintain contact as well as most people think. It doesn't take much to hold them together anyway so give it try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom