W/A lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronrosa:
what housing ?

Sorry for the confusion, I'm referring a lens that mounts on the camcorder.
My housing has a flat port and enough room to play with.
Thank you
Paul

I think that depends a little on the housing and port configuration. You may have a problem with vignetting if the lens gets to wide. The only way to determine what is best is to put the lense on, put the camera in the housing and observe the results.

paulpost:
Sorry for the confusion, I'm referring a lens that mounts on the camcorder.
My housing has a flat port and enough room to play with.
Thank you
Paul

Do you have a price and/or size in mind ? The official Sony W/A lens for the HC1 is .7x. I have the Raynox HD5050 for my HV10. It works great especially since it only costs $90. It's .5x.

Some wide angle lenses are bigger than others. Also depending on how far away the lens sits from the flat port, you may get vignetting. Like jump says, you may see parts of the inside our your housing/port. It's very worthwhile to bring your camcorder and housing to the store and try out different lenses to see what works best. That or find a store with a liberal return policy.

ronrosa:
Do you have a price and/or size in mind ? The official Sony W/A lens for the HC1 is .7x. I have the Raynox HD5050 for my HV10. It works great especially since it only costs $90. It's .5x.

Some wide angle lenses are bigger than others. Also depending on how far away the lens sits from the flat port, you may get vignetting. Like jump says, you may see parts of the inside our your housing/port. It's very worthwhile to bring your camcorder and housing to the store and try out different lenses to see what works best. That or find a store with a liberal return policy.
Thank you for your input. It help me make up my mind and looks that for now I'll stick with the one that I have and used with the old camcorder. Is a Kenko .5x also .
By the way Ronrosa, I know that you were using a TR900, how is the new Canon comparing to TR900? Did you do any clips with it?

The HV10 is not as good at low light as the TRV900 and there is no easy way to access manual white balance with any of the HV10 housings. I use the HV10 for topside only.

Back
Top Bottom