W.M.D. brand regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clones, no more like other brands are "clones" of them, or more really, WMD builds them for other brands and simply labels them for other brands. Well Marine Divers and Ocean Divers Supply manufacture a significant majority of the regulators on the market. Looking through their catalog you'll find many popular models. They are however an OEM that do not sell retail, you'll have to buy a few hundred but you could have your own label too.

i have the WMD fr02 as back up on my XTX200, i think WMD are like apeks clone very similar internals and also the externals of both 2nd stages of an apeks ATX and WMD fr02 fits together, i have a FR02 with ATX diaphragm, case cover, purge button and exhaust cover its a hybrid.

clones, no more like other brands are "clones" of them, or more really, WMD builds them for other brands and simply labels them for other brands. Well Marine Divers and Ocean Divers Supply manufacture a significant majority of the regulators on the market. Looking through their catalog you'll find many popular models. They are however an OEM that do not sell retail, you'll have to buy a few hundred but you could have your own label too.

This is all well and fine, but was looking for actual better known brand names that are using the same designs that can be a source of replacement parts.

i have the WMD fr02 as back up on my XTX200, i think WMD are like apeks clone very similar internals and also the externals of both 2nd stages of an apeks ATX and WMD fr02 fits together, i have a FR02 with ATX diaphragm, case cover, purge button and exhaust cover its a hybrid.

So you've just seen the their 2nd stages sharing parts? Looks like some of Apeks 1st stage regs are the same, along with at least one from Seac-sub if I'm not mistaken. And Tilos appears to be a vendor of this design as well.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom