Wahoo!!! Just Certified!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

center10

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Had a great weekend and did my O/W certification! :dance: Not only was I able to get my 5 checkout dives in, I was able to do a night dive (three instructors covering me)! I have completed the Night/Lim Vis class and will do my O/W dives in a week. My daughter turns 8 in a month and she is very excited about entering the Scuba Ranger program :monkeydan . She has told her friends and now she has two friends who are going to enter the program with her and two parents who are going to get their O/W certification. What a great family sport! After Sky Diving :argue: , Motorcycles :argue: , Competitive shooting :argue: , and 20 years in the USMC :usa: , I have found something that my wife supports and wants to do herself!!!!!! :D

Glad you have found a hobby you and your family can enjoy. There have been several discussions here about children and diving you might want to read.

pasley:
Glad you have found a hobby you and your family can enjoy. There have been several discussions here about children and diving you might want to read.

I have read several articles on the subject and that's why I have decided to start her introduction early. Obviously, when she becomes "certified," at 10, she will be restricted to shallow depths. She really wants to get into underwater photography and there will be plenty of opportunities in shallow water. I intend to have many more dives under my belt (er...integrated weight system) before that time as well as the Stress and Rescue course among others. Safety is the primary concern.

Thats an awsome experience for a newbie. Welcome aboard, many whishes of safe and fun dives for you. I'm really pleased you posted such a great experience.

congrats and welcome aboard!! enjoy your new addiction!

Glad to hear you're certified and welcome to the world of diving!!! I'm a new diver with about 25 dives under my belt, and got certified with the wife and kids. She even suggested we get certified in the first place! That's a little different than my sailing and backpacking addictions that created so much friction on the weekends. Anyway, I also enjoy shooting my Springfield Trophy Match 1911 in casual competitions, so we have that in common too!

wetrat

center10:
Had a great weekend and did my O/W certification! :dance: Not only was I able to get my 5 checkout dives in, I was able to do a night dive (three instructors covering me)! I have completed the Night/Lim Vis class and will do my O/W dives in a week. My daughter turns 8 in a month and she is very excited about entering the Scuba Ranger program :monkeydan . She has told her friends and now she has two friends who are going to enter the program with her and two parents who are going to get their O/W certification. What a great family sport! After Sky Diving :argue: , Motorcycles :argue: , Competitive shooting :argue: , and 20 years in the USMC :usa: , I have found something that my wife supports and wants to do herself!!!!!! :D

:D wow! thats great! cheers to you bro!

lai

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom