Wanted: Gates dealer that responds to email

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crpntr133

lost, even with a compass
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just bought a Niterider video light setup and found out that Gates makes a adapter plate for the Ocean Images housings.
I have emailed several stores wanting more information. Lord fobid that someone answers email in this day and age. So can anyone give me an email of a shop that sells Gates and will reply to email. I know you are thinking just call them. It just doesn't work out with my schedule to call. So email is my best bet.

I guess all it took was a post on the board to get emails. I got flooded.
I'm not sure who is wrong but Gates says that they don't make a plate for any other housing companies. Niteriders web page says that they do. At any rate I got an email addy for a Niterider rep.

Sorry I didn't answer your email but it was directed to Pamela at Gates. She copied her answer to me.

Here's the deal. Gates makes a few brackets for OUR batteries for other housings. Amazing service on their part! Unfortunately, Ocean Images is not on the list. We do have their Universal Battery Mount Brackets in stock with dovetails for a few older Amphibico housings, Sea&Sea and going forward, Lights and Motion. The Gates specific brackets look like this...

gates_mount_sm.jpg

Gates Battery bracket under the housing

Thanks, Henry

Henry at Niterider:
Sorry I didn't answer your email but it was directed to Pamela at Gates. She copied her answer to me.

Here's the deal. Gates makes a few brackets for OUR batteries for other housings. Amazing service on their part! Unfortunately, Ocean Images is not on the list. We do have their Universal Battery Mount Brackets in stock with dovetails for a few older Amphibico housings, Sea&Sea and going forward, Lights and Motion. The Gates specific brackets look like this...

gates_mount_sm.jpg

Gates Battery bracket under the housing

Thanks, Henry

Henry you have mail. Pamela sent me your email and I sent one off to you.

So basically after all this I am screwed? If so do us all a huge favor and update your web site. I won't go on with what I am thinking right now.:no

Back
Top Bottom