Warning - Multiple people sick at Iberostar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uh, last I checked this forum is not about Belize. But FWIW there are many AI resorts in Belize:
Turneffe Island Lodge, Blackbird Caye Resort, Cayo Espanto, Kanantik Reef, Lighthouse just to name a few.
Many of us know Peter well enough to always remember that he is a well known operator and appreciate that he gives us his comments based on his operations as compared to the subjects being discussed. He wasn't trying to hijack, and certainly not trying to spam.

I can see why the atoll resorts would include AI in their packages; where else you gonna eat, and you don't want to be ambushed with high food prices once you arrive. San Pedro, where Peter operates on Ambergis Cay, is a delightful escape from one-size-fits-all AI packages where one can experience Caribbean life without the influence of cruise boats, but you're right - that's another story.

BTW, I am now eat a tuna sandwich made with a large dose of Salad Dressing spread that has been out of the fridge for two days. :D

Last edited:
Uh, last I checked this forum is not about Belize. But FWIW there are many AI resorts in Belize:
Turneffe Island Lodge, Blackbird Caye Resort, Cayo Espanto, Kanantik Reef, Lighthouse just to name a few.
Without specifically checking, I believe Turneffe Island Lodge and Cayo Espanto are not AI, though as they are private islands there's no choice of eateries. I believe (again, subject to checking) that you pay according to what you consume, which is not AI.

Lighthouse hasn't existed for years.

I just made a comment which some people might find useful. It is after all the adjoining country, with similar diving. Is that "hijacking"?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom