Wassup with the rain??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozoholic

Contributor
Reaction score
Going tomorrow, just checked weather.com & it says rain for the rest of the week, and all day, everyday..Not just an hour or so.... :depressed:

These are called "NORTHERS".

A simple thing to watch: When Texas gets a COLD SPELL... I mean the kind that delivers SNOW or sub-freezing temps... this causes a NORTHER. They appear from DEC>FEB

Here's one from today's images....
Picture20-7.png

It can heavily affect Cozumel, Belize and the Northern side of the Bay Islands.

Other times during this, the "rainy season", the drizzles are caused by spin-offs from tropical storms (wannabe hurricanes) that track NW across the Caribbean Basin on their way to Texas. The great majority of Huricanes and Tropical Storms track to the North of the Bay Islands (Note the YELLOW DOTS •••• and make landfall as close as Belize, but most track further North and just dump buckets of rain to the South.

During the Hurricane/tropical Storm Season AUG>NOV.... A HURRICANE path, most likely Southern limit:
Picture8-8-1.png

As "statistically safe" as you are to the South of the dotted line, you'll still get wet when one passes by to your North.

Last edited:
You were going to be wet, anyway, so what's your beef? :wink:

I guess its better than NJ ~ We're suppose to get about 1 foot of snow tomorrow afternoon ! Hope we'll be off the ground before it starts. I need to stop bitching. At least its warm :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom