watching into the blue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, the girls had nice ASSets. When you do the math of when they were born.. Yikes! Why didn't girls look like that when I was that age? If I was their father, would whip out my *** spackle to cover some of those cracks that were showing. (protective father of little girl approaching that age)

While I'm at it, I wish I had that kind of nice gear when I was starting out. (another thing movie folks overlooked) To make more real, should have had "used" and not latest gear like Robert shaw had on the Deep. Flagerant product placement by dive industry..

On another note.. I believe I read you could dive the plane which I guess would be a cool photo shot. (hey, look at me! next to the plane from movie!)

I liked the movie! Jessica Alba is very attractive in this movie. It is just a movie, and all they tried to do was have a little action and underwater scenes. It wasn't trying to take anything away from the sport of diving or make anyone look like bufoons. I think people look to much into it. It's just a...MOVIE!

reefseal:
On another note.. I believe I read you could dive the plane which I guess would be a cool photo shot. (hey, look at me! next to the plane from movie!)

Isn't that just the Cessna Wreck off New Providence in the Bahamas? I bet there are probably a dozen photos of it here.

reefseal:
Plot is such a rip off of the deep (Treasure, drugs..) and Wet gold (Greed) I too didn't like how they promoted Jessica Alba in Scuba diving magazine. Some of readers complained the cover was typical of what see in cover of Maxim. Talk about a lame interview by Jessica Alba on her experience with Diving.. The only positive is should get more folks into sport which is good to industry and LDS's.

So....the magazine isn't allowed to do an interview with a female actress who is doing a movie in the caribbean that envolves diving, and she happens to be already certified since she was a kid? I think it's good for the magazine cause they changed things up. God forbid, people do things different every now and then. It's just a moive, and it is just an interview!

rapidiver:
Kinda wanted to see it. Was it a total waste?

Jessica Alba looked really hot.

Aside from that, it's a great training film for "What not to do".

Terry

hey i didnt know that a lify bag doubled as a AAS
throw a little sorb in there and ya got yourself a rebreather

That movie was some HOT ACTION!!!

To all you sticklers....you want a scuba movie than pinpoints exactly how to do everything correctly....you got yourself one boring movie!!! Who cares what they did wrong......I certainly don't...its friggin movie you tards..... Alba in a swimsuit is some HOT ACTION and I'm sure the ladies didn't mind whatever his name is working on the boat etc...

Yes, Open Water was more realistic, but it was also as boring as watching a download on a 300 baud modem. No HOT ACTION there...

Wow, some very critical folks in the peanut gallery. It's fiction. Treat as such, and enjoy the eye candy.

I liked it - Jessica Alba in bikinis and wet suits. Girlfriend liked it - Paul Walker in swimsuit and wet suit.

Enjoy the story for what it is - a story. I can't believe people are complaining about the cover the magazine. My complaint was that it didn't fold out. LOL.

The shop I help at had several folks call and ask about getting certified, and mentioned they had seen the movie.

I'm not sure why free, good publicity (you can by cynical all you want - Paul Walker for the women viewers and Alba for the men is good pub) for a great sport is such a bad thing because of a little T and A...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom