Watching Men's Olympic Swimming .....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liberal Antidote:
I think that unlike Europe, the U.S. is a nation of male body loathing female homosexuals. Even women who claim heterosexuality state that womens bodies are more beautiful then mens...go figure!
Now that's a liberal antidote. 'Unlike Europe, the U.S.'... Last time I checked, Europe was a continent and the US was a country, but apples to oranges I guess. What makes the US unique is that we don't have to be a bunch of lemmings like the European nations. Our views are based on our insights, and not on a collective common thought. Unlike Europe, the US has the guts to do what's right and forgo what Europe thinks of it's descisions. The next time a fanatic rolls through your liberal attitudes, maybe we'll think twice about coming to help. Kind of like me helping a friend move, but when it's time for me to move, they don't show up. Oh, but this is about speedos. My mistake. I must have misread your undertones.

Liberal Antidote said:
In Europe, women love mens bodies and love to see guys in Speedos, adn unlike many Americian women, they don't make fun of guys anatomy.
Not being a European woman (btw, I think you´d have a hard time finding anyone here who defines themself as a european, man or woman...at most a woman/man who lives in europe) I think I can say with a fair degree of certainty that most women here would agree that there are some male bodies that should never grace the inside of a speedo (just as there are women who would do better without a thong).

And about not making fun of a guys anatomy?
European women are still women you know :crafty: :07:

Also...most of the people against male speedos seem to be....male...(count me in this group)

Now could we please get back to the sheduled program of sexual inuendo and drop the politics?

charmygirl said:
With all the advances in the suits, I think that all the men should all be required to swim naked, just to make things fair and square.
I think so too...as long as all women do the same...giving up watching mens swimevents for that seems like a small sacrifice for the obvious benefits :eyebrow:

charmygirl:
With all the advances in the suits, I think that all the men should all be required to swim naked, just to make things fair and square.

K

YES!!

And certain persons in contradiction to things non-conservative makes me glad I live in Canada . . .

divemistress:
The Speedos -- and their high-tech long-legged, long-sleeved but equally form-fitting cousins -- aren't bad-looking at all. IMHO. Of course, neither are the swimmers wearing them :wink:

Given that, why are so many divers so insanely, rabidly anti-Speedo? Or man-sock, or any of the billions of euphemisms hanging out there .... :)

Just not macho enough?

Curiously....

DM

During the in pool part of training, we had a DMC that was from Italy. Always wore a bright blue speedo. Us girls in the class had no problem with it :wink: but the men would cringe every time he walked by. I like a man who is so confident in himself to wear a speedo. :wink:

mempilot:
What makes the US unique is that we don't have to be a bunch of lemmings like the European nations. Our views are based on our insights, and not on a collective common thought. Unlike Europe, the US has the guts to do what's right and forgo what Europe thinks of it's descisions. The next time a fanatic rolls through your liberal attitudes, maybe we'll think twice about coming to help. Kind of like me helping a friend move, but when it's time for me to move, they don't show up. Oh, but this is about speedos. My mistake. I must have misread your undertones.

I luv ya, kid, but I can't let this go by . . .

1) you aren't unique
2) your views are so based on a collective common thought
3) what is "right" is a matter of opinion and circumstance
4) I actually believe lib.anti. is just that: anti-lib
5) do unto others
6) I'll bet you look pretty darn good in a Speedo whilst some other commentators who shall remain nameless do not, and perhaps belong to a group of men whose girls left them for other girls but I am just guessing and I am with the guy who said to get back to the sexual innuendo cause I am one of those compromising Canadians who just hate conflict . . .

OK, I'll bite, but only cuz I luv you too sweetheart...

1) Not too many nations on our side these days, so unique is fitting but probably not the best word
2) What nations are we collectively forming our opinions with?
3) What was good for Hitler, Stalin, Milosavich, and Musilini is good for Saddam and Osama
4) Not so sure about that, but it doesn't matter
5) Should we saw off the heads of our prisoners and mutilate their bodies since the theme is do unto others?
6) I'll send you a pic. :)

Now before everyone jumps in on this, Nehallenia and I are friends. We're just jabbing each other, so take it easy.

I think anyone wearing a Speedo for utility should be fine with it. I wear mine to get in and out of a wetsuit easier. I don't think I look good in it, but I don't care. Those wearing them to show off their body are going to either attract or repel. The reaction depends on the accepted fitness levels within their culture and this varies from country to country, so it will be debated for ever. Kind of like armpit hair on European women. Sorry, couldn't help it.

If a women looks a man up and down in his Speedo, I thinks it's fine. If a woman thinks it's repelling, then I DO NOT think she is homosexual as some on this thread believe. To each their own.

:)

Nehallenia:
I luv ya, kid, but I can't let this go by . . .

1) you aren't unique
2) your views are so based on a collective common thought
3) what is "right" is a matter of opinion and circumstance
4) I actually believe lib.anti. is just that: anti-lib
5) do unto others
6) I'll bet you look pretty darn good in a Speedo whilst some other commentators who shall remain nameless do not, and perhaps belong to a group of men whose girls left them for other girls but I am just guessing and I am with the guy who said to get back to the sexual innuendo cause I am one of those compromising Canadians who just hate conflict . . .

mempilot:
OK, I'll bite, but only cuz I luv you too sweetheart...

1) Not too many nations on our side these days, so unique is fitting but probably not the best word
2) What nations are we collectively forming our opinions with?
3) What was good for Hitler, Stalin, Milosavich, and Musilini is good for Saddam and Osama
4) Not so sure about that, but it doesn't matter
5) Should we saw off the heads of our prisoners and mutilate their bodies since the theme is do unto others?
6) I'll send you a pic. :)

Now before everyone jumps in on this, Nehallenia and I are friends. We're just jabbing each other, so take it easy.

If a women looks a man up and down in his Speedo, I thinks it's fine. If a woman thinks it's repelling, then I DO NOT think she is homosexual as some on this thread believe. To each their own.

:)

1) if not too many nations are on your side, maybe you are doing something wrong . . .
2) your culture is very conformist; also, you can't do anything collectively if you always have to be the boss and you think you are always right
3) Saddam wasn't doing anything, he was just an accessible target, and no-one cared what he did until Osama couldn't be caught (and Osama thinks god is on his side, the US thinks god is on their side, whose god is correct and whose side is he on?)
4) that's an eye for an eye, not do unto others
5) yes, indeed, please do!

We should stop having arguments in public, and I can't believe the moderator is letting us get away with this.

Look up and down, but be discrete about it - I don't mind people looking at me discretely, but ogling is scary.

So.... Back to Michael Phelps and all those other hott swimmers out there.

I've personally seen quite enough of the Speedo in my lifetime. I was on the swim team growing up, and if I never see another Speedo again, it would suit me just fine (pardon the pun). Under a wetsuit, I can understand...but not to wear it just for the heck of it. The suits the American Relay guys wore....very nice. I like 'em.
As for women checking the men out, I don't think that's wrong at all. I love to wear a bikini and don't mind being checked out (but open staring is just weird). We all do it. If I see a hot guy, I'm going to look....and I can appreciate a gorgeous woman too. Considering the looks I get when I unzip my wetsuit, fair is fair! :blush:

I personally loooooove a good looking guy in a nice speedo! *drooling*. While I understand others pain about those who "shouldn't", some of the men who go naked over at our local clothing optional beach would be much improved by covering up with a banana hammock!!!!! :sick:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom