Water Gill At-PAC Buoyancy Comp.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,
I am very interested in buying a non-working outher shell for my collection.
Please contact me if you have one for sale. (It can be shipped to my friend in Minneapolis USA.)
Thanks

Has anyone looked at or purchased the new Atpac as shown on E-bay by Wholesale Divers? The description says it has 85 lb lift capacity. Did the older versions have that much lift? I had one back around 1975 but I dont remember much on the details of it other than it dived great.

I have an At-Pac .. that I have been using since 1978 .. Still works like day one .. However I am trying to find the company or any supplier of parts/specs .. does any diver on the face of this planet still using or am I the only .. I have purchase other BC's but I always take it with me and use it over my new BC.
Here in am in Ocho Rios in the late seventies early 8o's. I would give anything to find out WHY it was discontinued..

Attachments

• Jamaica cr2.jpg
    Jamaica cr2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 7
No sure why the company that made them went out of business but it’s a shame they did. 😞
I learned to dive using an at-pac and bought a seapro travel bc in 1989. It weighed unde 3 lbs and came in a small zippered nylon bag. I wore the damn thing out until it could no longer be patched.
Put together an oxycheq soft bp/w aound 2006 and switched to the original zeagle covert when it came out. Having issues with it and the o-ring for the gasket is no longer being made. Can’t stand their updated version but found out that scuba.com bought the rights to sell the original covert and just ordered one.

I used an At-Pac from the mid-1970's to the early 1980's. 1st pic - me and my buddies in Monterey, CA with At-Pacs. 2nd pic - me and my brother Laguna Beach, CA. 3rd pic - Avalon, Catalina Island, CA. Loved that rig!

4iDAF5.jpg

dxB934.jpg

TH8v2H.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom