Water In Zeagle BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PARADISE HUNTER

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have taken about ten dives with my new Zeagle Ranger and have noticed more water in the bladder when I get topside than with other BCs. It is not a beg deal to flush out. I wondered if anyone knew why this is happening? Is there anything I can do different to avoid it? Thanks.

Could it be underwater you are pressing the Deflator button when there is no air in your BCD, as this is the only way water is going to get it....

Oh make sure all the exhaust vales are nice and tight.

Cheers
Chriso

Chris is correct.

Another thing that often happens is, a diver continues to hold the remote exhaust open after all the air has vented from the bladder, which allows water to enter through the shoulder dump.

Thanks,

Scott

I dove a ranger for a couple years in the day. It takes a while to get your body position down where when you dump all that happens is air comes out and no water gets in. The bladder can trap air so it isn't coming out when you are trying to dump, thus water gets in.

Time and practice will cure the problem.

Water enters the bladder due to the Remote Exhaust Valve being held open too long, or the deflate button on the inflator being held down after the air is out of the BC....it has nothing to do with "trapped air". :jpshakehe

ScottZeagle:
Water enters the bladder due to the Remote Exhaust Valve being held open too long, or the deflate button on the inflator being held down after the air is out of the BC....it has nothing to do with "trapped air". :jpshakehe

Hey Scott, I dove the Ranger for three years while an Instructor in Cayman, I may have used it just a bit....

Because of the bladder design many newer divers with a Ranger will be holding the deflate button on the inflator down while there is still some air in the BCD that isn't coming out because of the divers body position (does this sound better than trapped air?) After a few dives (sooner if shown) the diver normally gets the hang of the unit and has less water ingress. This is common on many BCD's not just a Ranger which is an excellent BCD.

I own a Genisis Recon Back Inflate and being a novice diver, I am struggling to get all the air out and get alot of water in, but I am getting the hang of it. When I am verticle and descending I have to listen to the air coming out, once it stops I twist my body a little and I can hear a little more come out, might look a little funny, but its working great....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom