Waterproof D1 Hybrid Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

has anyone else done any diving with this suit? ive been really impressed with what i have read on it thus far ...thinking of picking one up soon...

Trust me, you need to dive one befor you pick one up.

I've got about 25 dives with it, and most of those are without the 3D Mesh liner...I enjoy the suit, have no issues with warmth now that I've swapped out the upper body undergarment with a heavier DUI one. I haven't put the liner back in as it does weigh a considerable amount and reduces overall flexibility (i.e. reaching valves). A very durable suit, pockets are huge, looks cool, chicks dig it :D, and other than the back zip for self-donning, I'd buy another one. Hope this helps any potential buyers.

I dove the D1 in 50F water and wore a set of thin polypro long underwear underneath. The dive was very enjoyable and warm, the suit fit well. It just felt like a solid, quality suit. I really liked their hood. The gloves were nice too, but I prefer a thinner material.

Oh yes, I forgot about the silicone seals. That was really nice.

Scuba482, you say the chicks dig it?

JohnE, tell me more about the gloves...are they integrated? Dry?

I am seriously considering getting one and want as much info as I can get. What about the boots? Any comments from anyone?

Scuba482, did you do any more dives with the 3D mesh liner? Let me know.

Just as an update to this - I was out diving this in 30F water, just underarmor dry under garments and I was completely fine temperature-wise. Biggest issue is the ankles can catch a bunch of air and I can get my foot out of the fin. I fixed this with some velcro wraps and all is well (don't use ankle weights which would have worked as well).

30 deg? Where were you?

I had the same issue with my feet. I did use 1 lb ankle weights with a Velcro strap which has worked fine. Why did you say not to use the ankle weights?

30 deg? Where were you?

I had the same issue with my feet. I did use 1 lb ankle weights with a Velcro strap which has worked fine. Why did you say not to use the ankle weights?

I was in Newfoundland diving. As for the ankle weights - that's just because of me. With the Jetfins and ankle weights my trim is a little off. Everyone will be different.

Cool (really).

My feet were light in the drysuit. I moved 2 lbs down to my ankles and it's good now.

I'm also using underarmor cold weather running gear for my undergarments and it was good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom