We have a forum!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm closer to the Oregon border than Monterey (and, sadly, inland, not on the coast) but I'm willing to consider diving just about anywhere that doesn't require a drysuit. I'm glad there's a forum for Northern California divers.

The most of the instructors I've been diving with use drysuits, and I have seen lots of divers in drysuits in Monterey.

I dive in a 7mm john & jacket and I've been warm so far but I've only been diving for 1month. The drysuit divers swear by them.

No halibut today but a diving otter.

Here is a pic of my last halibut, I got it off del monte beach on a late night dive. it was just over legal and probably under 12# so a little bit small, I am used to getting 30# plus. This was over a month ago. I had to resize the pic to make it fit here so i apologize if it looks small. Yes it does look as if the winter waves are here.

I have been diving here for 5 years in a 7 mm wetsuit and while its not exactly comfortable I am almost never cold. Instructors love drysuits for the comfort and as much as they are in the water the ease of getting in and out as well, but lets not forget about that large dive shop discount they get !! I have a small size drysuit that is up for grabs if anyone wants it, I wish i could fit it. other than that if you can afford one and you dive cold water a lot dry is the way to go.

Yay! Our own forum!

I live in Santa Cruz but dive in Monterey. Yup, there are so many great placed to dive in Monterey/Carmel.

I have a cold now or I'd be diving with SAH & Montereydivemas on Sunday. I'm very, very bummed about missing a dive. Feels like I've been out of the water for far too long.
:(

See ya' in the water!

Aquagal

I just stumbled onto this forum and now feel all warm and cozy. Yes, there are some of us that live and dive the high country, but we get down to Monterey, SD and Catalina every month or so. Anyone interested in diving the highest alpine lake in the world (with a wall that is over 1000') give me a shout.

SinJin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom