Weather October & November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Less chance of a hurricane in Feb/March. :wink: Water temps will be considerably cooler then too.

Weather can be quite nice in Oct/Nov but if you do go then, travel insurance might be a wise purchase.

An El Norte in February and March can cancel diving. So can a tropical storm or hurricane in October or November. I believe the latter happens less often. I've vacationed to the area in the months of March, April, May, June, October, November and December. Although each year is unique, we thought October sucked because it rained 5 of 8 days but nothing bad enough to cancel diving. May is our favorite month with warm/hot temps, few kids, good prices, little rain and little to no chance of an El Norte. Late November or early December has been good to us as well both in terms of price and weather as it falls between hurricane season and El Norte season and is usually dry. In all my trips, I've been fortunate not to have a single dive canceled but that might be a different story after our upcoming trip in September.

diveborg:
Water temps will be considerably cooler then too.

Only if you consider 4 degrees fahrenheit considerable? YMMV Using the same computer, I've only recorded temps of 81 and 82 and have been told that it doesn't fluctuate more than 2 degrees from average... whatever that is?

El Nortes do happen in December. I had one during my visit on a cruise ship during Christmas week last year.

We were there last October and the weather was great. We were supposed to go in February and canceled at the last minute because there was a Norte headed there which closed the port 3 of the 4 days we would have been there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom