Weekend Dive trip to Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimJam

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking to see who might be interested in a weekend dive/camping trip to Dutch Springs; I'm thinking about leaving July 29th, Friday afternoon, to get there in time to set up camp, dive ALL day Saturday, ALL day Sunday, coming home Sunday afternoon. My wife will probably be going, she is a non-diver, so any non-diver spouses, etc. would be more than welcome.

I would like to get a group together of mixed experience levels, and for those of you who have not been, there is diving for everyone at every level.

check it out: http://www.dutchsprings.com

I am out of central CT, which would be an ideal rallying point for just about anyone from New England. If you are interested, PM me with your info (name, e-mail and phone#)

oh my god jim you suck so much....tempting me with your dutch springs talk!

hey, let your temptations get the best of you and...

COME ON DOWN (in my best Bob Barker voice)

HOWEVER:

There will be NO Drinking!!!

(Wink, Wink)

i got the capn's:) I think i wil have to pass though....too rich for my poor collegeblood.

are you with the New England Dive Center from Wallingford? they're going there that saturday...i was going to go with them...but maybe with you instead and bring my tent...would i have to reserve a spot for the tent?

Perhaps I can follow you. I've never been. I am novice level. What type of arrangement do I need to do, reservations?

No, I am not with New England Dive Center. Yes, they are doing a one day trip, and it is not too bad of a deal. But I am not with any dive shop, nor am I a dive professional of any kind. I just know for a fact that Dutch Springs DOES NOT LIKE SOLO DIVER, unless you are certified to do so...so I am looking to find a couple people (or more) who would be interested in going. It is some really nice diving, no seas to contend with, good vis, nice facilities, etc. The "camping" is simply for setting up tents and spending the night, as far as I know, they don't allow campfires or anything like that, nor do they allow alcohol, technically.

We shouldn't need any reservations, but once we have a solid group looking to go, I will call ahead to make sure. If everyone could just IM me with contact info (name, number, e-mail, etc) and certification level, I would appreciate it. Like I said, I would LIKE to get a mixed group together of experienced and not so experienced divers. Dutch has something for everyone, so don't worry if you don't have a whole lot of experience, just dive within your limitations.

I've been there about 20 times, but never to camp. It's a nice place and you can easily get 4 dives in a day (they have a filling station). PLan to bring food -- there's only a mom/pop stand (in a winnebego!) that microwaves snacks. Get there early if you want a decent spot (or a picnick table). I'd even print out the waiver from their website and fill it out in advance. Bring a grill. And enjoy. This place is pretty cool for a few dives, but it gets boring after 20 days! You'll be lucky if you see 3 fish.

If you change your plans and go the following weekend instead, I would plan to meet up with you for diving on that Saturday, August 6th.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom