Weezle DrySuit Undergarments...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy:
I was witness to one of these unfortunate incident as one of my dive buddies popped from 90 ft to the surface in < 1 minute due to the Weezle getting caught in the exhaust valve. It got so wudgled up in there that the nylon shell ripped.

Do you know what kind of dump valve it was? I have a DUI suit, and I don't see how the undergarment could get stuck in the exhaust valve.

Thanks,

Mike

mwpowell:
Do you know what kind of dump valve it was? I have a DUI suit, and I don't see how the undergarment could get stuck in the exhaust valve.

Thanks,

Mike
Put your mouth aganist the surface of a Weezle and inhale.

The fabric (I'm pretty sure it's Pertex) is great for making lightweight water-resistant sleeping bags (so is the insulation for that matter), but not ideal for drysuit undies.

One of the posts mentioned something about wrapping the area in a thicker material that wont get sucked into the dump valve. I was thinking something in the way of a strethchy spandex type material...just big enough to cover the area that is near contact with the dump. What does everyone think of that?

why try and find ways around a flaw...get something without the flaw in the first place..

It was a DUI CF200. Don't know which valve it is specifically, but regardless of whether or not you can "see" how it could happen, it did and it isn't the first time it has happened. There is an inherent flaw in the design of the suit and Weezle even sells a kludgey workaround for the problem.

mwpowell:

Thanks,

Mike

I use the Compact between 60 and 75 degrees and like it a lot. It's very soft, just the right warmth, and washes and dries without complaint.

Terry

JimJam:
Has anyone had any good/bad/indifferent experience with weezle undergarments? I've read a lot of reviews online and they say that weezle makes the greatest undergarment...I haven't read one bad review.

I've been diving with a standard 200gm undergarment that I have to double up on during winter dives. I end up like the little kid in A Christmas Story:

"I CAN'T MOVE MY ARMS....I CAN'T MOVE MY ARMS....RAAALLLPHIE"

From what I've read, Weezles allow for unparalleled freedom of movement, superior moisture wicking and unbelievable thermal characteristics. If their reputation is as good as everything I read, I'll order one tomorrow!

I got my weezle caught in my drysuit zipper a bunch of times, and have been using Bondex adhesive patches to fix the tears. It also does a good job of making the fabric undr the dump valve a bit less flexible, so it's less likely (I hope) to get caught in the dump valve. I don't think it'll be a problem, but that doesn't mean I haven't taken precautions!

I hate it when I get my weezle caught in the zipper...hurts like a SOB...but, bondex? That's a little extreme...I'd probably just 'take it easy' for a couple days :wink:

MSilvia:
I got my weezle caught in my drysuit zipper a bunch of times, and have been using Bondex adhesive patches to fix the tears. It also does a good job of making the fabric undr the dump valve a bit less flexible, so it's less likely (I hope) to get caught in the dump valve. I don't think it'll be a problem, but that doesn't mean I haven't taken precautions!

JimJam:
Has anyone had any good/bad/indifferent experience with weezle undergarments? I've read a lot of reviews online and they say that weezle makes the greatest undergarment...I haven't read one bad review.

I've been diving with a standard 200gm undergarment that I have to double up on during winter dives. I end up like the little kid in A Christmas Story:

"I CAN'T MOVE MY ARMS....I CAN'T MOVE MY ARMS....RAAALLLPHIE"

From what I've read, Weezles allow for unparalleled freedom of movement, superior moisture wicking and unbelievable thermal characteristics. If their reputation is as good as everything I read, I'll order one tomorrow!

If you are getting Weezle for COLD water, get the Extreme+. I have only tried the Extreme, and frankly wasn't impressed with the warmth. Most of the guys I dive with are using Weezle and they were doing 1hr+ dives in the Great Lakes with no thermocline. Early in the year we had 39F top to bottom. They all swear by the Weezle. I have Bare 200g and wear 2 pr of Poly long underwear with it. The last dive we did, there was finally a thermocline (46F)and I actually stayed warm after 70 minutes in the water. Contact Greg @ www.shipwreckadventures.com he may have some in stock.

Hi guys,

I was the guy Soggy mentioned in his posts about the Weezle or "Breaching Squid" incident. I have a 1998 CF 200 with hi-profile Si-Tech valves. Loved the weezle until that day.

The negatives of the suit are the outer shell and the amount of gas (air,argon, airgon) that you need to loft the suit. When I removed the undergarment, I had a nice round circle bruise where the exhaust valve was. I was trying to manually dump before I headed to the surface.

As for trying to get the air to vent from the neck seal - I was trying, but hit the surface way to fast. The hood, a Otter Bay 7mm covers my neck seal.

I have since switched to DC's Stretch Thinsulate Extreme and love them. For the colder stuff, I am looking at the C-4 or maybe the Andy's TSR1000.

Eric

Back
Top Bottom