Weight belt alternative

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The stainless steel might be too heavy. I am 5 9, 150 lbs. I am using an AL BP (2 pounds and a SS STA 5 pounds) and a 27# wing. I dive with no ditchable weight in freshwater and 4 pounds in salt water. You might want to check your buoyancy with your wetsuit, fins mask, booties and then add in the tank to figure out what BP you are going to need.

With my jacket style BC I needed to wear 4 pounds on my weight belt in fresh water.

--------
If they guy has to power down to 15 feet at the start of the dive, isn't he way light at the end?

The fellow I mentioned is exceptional in other ways as well.

On a boat dive all were back aboard except him. They started getting worried. He eventually showed up after his 75 minute dive with over 500 lbs still available.

It pays being in good shape.

He says he shallows his breathing to help maintain buoyancy and to get the most out of a tank.

After that incident, the resort operators told him that all dives were for a max of 45 min from then on.

Thanks for the input. If I can get myself set up for fresh water with no weight belt when there are no waves and I'm always 50 ft from shore and at a max 50 ft depth, then adding a few pounds for salt water via a harness is OK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom