Weight pockets that hold 5# soft weights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malpaso

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I currently have 4 of the XS Scuba single weight pockets, 2 of the standard and 2 of the quick attach. Both state that they will hold 5# of shot or hard lead. I can barely stuff a 4# shot pouch into them, a 5# pouch definitely does not fit. Where can I get pockets that actually hold a 5# pouch?

I'm currently using 2 of the pockets, each with 3# pouches on the cam band, and intend to make a trim pocket belt lower on the tank and take 10# out of my (non integrated) BC pockets which are starting to show signs of wear from it.

I have the same pockets. I just went and checked and I can't get the 5# soft weight in either. I guess that the soft weights are very inefficient volume wise.

It's not a problem for me because I poured my own custom weights using a very small cast iron pot/fry pan. They come out flat disks and I can easily fit 2X 3# disks in the XS Scuba pockets. I might also be able to squeeze in another 1# or 2# disk if I really wanted to.

Look at the Dive-Rite pockets.

Safe dives . . . . . .
. . . safer ascents !

the k

Back
Top Bottom