Weights Lost At Nubble 7/26/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidInNH

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all in the Nubble Light vicinity!

I lost a Scubapro weight pocket (black with grey handle with 'Gintz' written on the handle) at Nubble on 7/26. The pocket contained 10 pounds of soft weights. I lost it off to the North, fairly far out in at least 30 feet of water. If anyone finds it, email me and I'll arrange to pick it up. If it is found before I spend the $25. it'll cost to replace the weights, a reward will be in order!

Thanks. (Just gives you all something to look for!)

- Dave

I found my freinds weights he lost in RI over a year after she lost em. Was only 6 lb but what a task of carrying them around for the rest of the dive. I'de replace the weights and expect only the pocket to be retrieved. Great that you labled the pockets. I'm going to do the same. Hope you get em back as the replacement cost is high for those things.

ScubaSarus:
I found my freinds weights he lost in RI over a year after she lost em. Was only 6 lb but what a task of carrying them around for the rest of the dive. I'de replace the weights and expect only the pocket to be retrieved. Great that you labled the pockets. I'm going to do the same. Hope you get em back as the replacement cost is high for those things.

I haven't had that problem yet, but was thinking of writing my phone number on the pockets. (Still haven't heard of anyone finding my red trident catch bag with "JKS" written on it at STB).

Dave, I'll be diving Nubble late Saturday. I'll be sure and keep an eye out and let you know.

Oceanseleven:
Dave, I'll be diving Nubble late Saturday. I'll be sure and keep an eye out and let you know.

oceanseleven,
how late were you planning on diving nubble?? was planning ongoing with don stepens out of rye beach for a guided shore dive and cook out and then heading up thernite_diver

Last year, I lost my shears at Outer Brewster. About a month later, I found them. They were rusted like you wouldn't believe, but it's always cool to find your stuff! Keep hope alive...

I'll be doing the Nubble on Wednesday, I'll take a look for you

Maybe its time we all gather up at Nubble and have a special find Daves Weightpocket Dive and then a big party afterwards. Just hope nobody finds it during the planning of the party, it would ruin the occasion :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom