Weird feeling in throat..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubZone

Reaction score
After searching this forum i have found no similar case's..

I have been diving for over 2 years and have done around 94 dives to date. This weird throat thing has only happend to me around 3 or four times in all my diving.

It happend today while diving..

Near the completion of the dive my throat was doing weird things.. It felt like indegestion or something but there was no acid coming up .. this feeling in my throat slowly would work its way up it, and then go (Maybee a indegestion reflux). And then after a little while it would do it again.. and again.

I dont know why this happens ..? Maybee i hadnt eaten enough before the dive or the air I was breathing was going down the wrong way..?

After the dive, when i was out of the water it kept doing it, I had something to eat and a big drink of water and the feeling gradually went over a few hours. I also was letting out a few little burps.

If someone could share some light on this that would be great.
It isnt that bad, but it makes the dive uncomfortable and I want to know why this happens..?

Thanks

I sometimes get the same thing, my doc told me it was some kind of "valve" problem.

The answer to your problem could be : don't eat liquid stuff before diving (soup, meat with dressing, too much water...) because when you're in an horizontal position(i.e. diving), it goes up a little bit (because of that valve in your upper digestive tube that isn't as effective as it should be) and you get that uneasy feeling.

It works for me, so I hope it's effective for you too.

Cheerz :)

Probably acid reflux. You should avoid eating or drinking anyhting acidic, such as sauce, salad dressings, coffee, soda, chocolate, etc.

If it continues, PM me for another remedy. You could try Pepcid but there is a better way than resorting to Rx's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom