"...we'll laugh at you and you'll look like a dork." - the Split

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So let me get this right...

My gear sucks....OR it's good gear but I am not qualified to dive it....OR I am but I haven't embraced the TEAM concept......OR I dive as a team but think I know to much...or...:confused:

Yeah, that's me pretty much to a T. :rofl3: That's OK. I'm still learn something on every dive and at only 550 dives I have almost no experience. Really, I believe that.

If I carried a mirror to the dive site I would laugh at me and say I looked like a dork.

Great thread guys. Keep em coming. You are all making my week.

And Yeah I know this was weak but thats what us wannabe's bring. :)

If we're in the same room, you hear that I dive, and you come tell me you have your AOW card and dove the Andrea Doria... I'm going to burst out laughing and probably blow my drink all over you.... and you'll look like a wet dork.

divinman:
So let me get this right...

My gear sucks....OR it's good gear but I am not qualified to dive it....OR I am but I haven't embraced the TEAM concept......OR I dive as a team but think I know to much...or...:confused:

Yeah, that's me pretty much to a T. :rofl3: That's OK. I'm still learn something on every dive and at only 550 dives I have almost no experience. Really, I believe that.

If I carried a mirror to the dive site I would laugh at me and say I looked like a dork.

Great thread guys. Keep em coming. You are all making my week.

And Yeah I know this was weak but thats what us wannabe's bring. :)

Terry, did you see this post:
merxlin:
If you get your panties in a wad because of something not specific to you was posted on the internet, we're going to laugh at you and you'll look like a dork.

Unwad them panties and lets go diving. I'll promise not to laugh until we're underwater. Even at your mis-matched doubles!:D

Mr Scuba Stuff Guy, I'm talking to you. You with the dive flag wallet, the mighty fresh "divers do it deeper" license plate frame, the Shark-shaped Dive Flag bumper sticker and dive shirt collection featuring half nakked chicks that are way out of your league. If you need to immerse yourself in Scuba crap to convince the world you're a diver, you probably aren't. Listen Squid Cap, you're not fooling anybody - the reason you decorated your house with Wyland prints, drink coffee from the Aggressor mug, listen to Jack Johnson all day and wear a faded ScubaPro hat is not to convince the world you're a diver, its to convince yourself. Here's a shocker for you: you can't will yourself into a diver. You need to dive. Being certified doesn't make you a diver. Diving does. Put down the 6 different Scuba mags you get delivered, stop going to scuba club meetings, log off of the 12 dive sites you puruse every night, take off your DAN windbreaker and get out and dive. If you don't start diving and just try to continue to fake your way into the club, we're all gonna laugh at you and you'll look like a dork.

Hey you up there - DFA ("death from above") diver... you know who you are. You're the guy that insists on diving over me and not beside me. I look left and you're not there. I look right and you're not there. I look into the abyss and you're not there. I look up and there you are, like a Macy's Parade balloon in my blind spot... kinda wobbling along the dive, high above it all. When I ask, your well-rehearsed response of "I see more from up here" isn't ringing true, Dirigible. Its clear you simply don't practice. It don't make you bad people, just a DFA diver. Listen SR71, get a grip - if you can't stay outta the Ionosphere for 50 minutes and insist on flying high above it all, we're through - go find another DFA and you guys can duke it out until you're both on the surface wondering what the hell happened. If I need to clip you off like a lift bag to keep track of you, we're all gonna laugh at you and you'll look like a dork.

You there - Back Pack Hippie. Johnny 60's double hose vintage diver or Joe 70's ScubaPro giant chrome second stage dude. Yeah you, J-valve - with no body hair from diving a shiney 45 year old Fredricks of Hollywood looking latex suit all these years. Your pointed feet and bad toe nails jammed into those wacky Voit duck fins, and your dented grill smashed into that cracking black rubber round mask with steel frame clip are the dive version of a WD40 Pocket Protector. Listen wingless throwback - your gear is not cool. Its just old. I'm feeling you, Summer Of Love - I know you're into your '68 VW bus with the curtains, and your Joni Mitchell collection. Word up, Haight-Ashbury, that homemade rebreather you're working on in the lab you call a garage, the one with the counterlung that looks like a hot water bottle, that's not fresh either, Heathkit. Listen Lenny Bruce - if you're over 60 and you have a stringy gray pony tail with beads in it, or if you're over 50 and have a crystal around your neck, or if you're still diving a plastic backpack in 2007, you're not cool - you're a fossil. Show up in that rig you friggen Trog and we'll all laugh at you and you'll look like a dork.

Scuba dog owner - subjecting us to your weird "animals are people" personality disorder is just not cool. I know you put a dive flag coller on the mutt, gave him a name like Mares or KooStow or Doria, and you take him on every dive (and looks like everywhere else, as is evidenced by the ample pooch drool on the "passanger" side of your crusty dive rig) but hear me out: Keep Cujo away from me. When I come up from a dive, I don't need Bowser sticking his nose into my crotch when I'm taking off my gear. I prefer to not have my Wing and Mask covered with your fleabag's cast off fur, as he pants and sniffs through my stuff. I love dogs. Just not yours. Keep Benji at home in the yard, you loser. If you need a dog to pull chicks, you have no game. And if your dog is your best pal and comes everywhere with you, you need to shake yourself, Charlie Brown. If your dog, Phillipe, is in your car at the dive site waiting for you when you get out, we're all gonna laugh at you and you'll look like a dork.

More soon. Bob stole my Scuba Historian 70's Cert guy rant earlier.... dammitall. You know, the dude who still has a subscription to Popular Mechanics and when he got his cert there were no cards with 4 digit numbers, it took 12 weeks to get certified, his swim test was 2000 yards up hill in the snow. Both ways. Oh, and you could just walk in off Redondo and get five 12 pound lobster in 10 minutes...

---
Ken

daniel f aleman:
I love you man. Anything on Texans?

Or people from Austin?

:D :D :D

Love you man

---
Ken

And don't think we've forgotten about you, Miss My-Special-Fins-Don't-Silt. We know you've just turned your credit card into a puddle of molten slag paying for those special puppies with the flexi-split-hinge and the side flanges in the shape of Nessie's nether regions. Sure, the sales copy guaranteed you that these fins would never silt even if you took a jackhammer to the silty bottom, and so certain are you of this that you never look back as you flutter kick with abandon just inches off the deck in front of your buddy. But not to worry, you don't look like a dork. You don't look like anything at all, since nobody can see you. Even your buddy could never find you in the two-mile whiteout you've created. But you take it all in stride, so certain that your buddy simply lost you simply because he couldn't keep up with the speed of your oh so high-tech stealth fins.

daniel f aleman:
I love you man. Anything on Texans?
Seen on a shirt somewhere: "Don't mess with Texas. It's not polite to pick on retards."

Hey you, Johnny rebreather diver! You know who I'm talking to, you with the fat wallet and no dive skills. Substituting a piece of complex equipment to your already strained skills is going to end badly. Get some more experience before you think you can pay someone to make you a better diver. Or do you do it to impress? If you can only bicycle kick from the horizontal position throughout your dive and your buoyancy control consists of bouncing using your hands to stay in one place, but you've got the CCR that's brand new and cost$10k, we'll all laugh at you and you'll look like a dork!

Yeh, you there Mr. Tightfisted, ignore-the-stench, hail-to-the-cash dive boat owner. My gawd. It smells like a horse's @ss down in those bunks! Listen up Pig Pen. If you're too lazy or busy countin' cash to do it, give up a few Benjamins and a get Molly Maid down there to change the linens! No, we don't enjoy bedding with the fleas, ticks, and roaches. And for the love of humanity, get that head fixed so it flushes!!! While you're workin' on that Extreme Makeover, clean up that galley. It looks like Fred Sanford's place. And if you spent the time cleaning up while I'm out diving, you'd be too busy to complain about my 1.5 hour dives. If we continue to hear these reports about you, not only will we never return but we'll laugh at you and you will look like a dork.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom