"...we'll laugh at you and you'll look like a dork." - the Split

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI Cakes:
Very nice!!! Just stopped to take a breath from laughing a lung up!!!!!

Good job Leejnd! Too funny!!!
Hope youre on my team- wouldnt want you against me- unless your HOT! j/k

Well...until they remove your avatars, I guess you gals can all feel that way... unless of course you believe in that inner beauty crapola they tell ya. If that's the case, we'll all laugh at you and you'll feel like a dork!

:D

PADI Cakes:
Very nice!!! Just stopped to take a breath from laughing a lung up!!!!!

Good job Leejnd! Too funny!!!
Hope youre on my team- wouldnt want you against me- unless your HOT! j/k
See, now I don't know if you really used MY name, or if it's just been inserted in there! DAMN!

Admit it everyone...for a moment you thought it was very cool that everyone was talking about you...:crafty:

I put your name in ^you^! Yes, I felt popular and it made me blow stitches! But I think the culprit is (your name here).

(your name here) needs a big applause for a great thread well done!

From,
(your name here)

p.s. I dont know which one to reply to- my own thread or this one! OK Ill do both- this is too fun!

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^ ^you^

ok Im done! Sorry about your PM(S) LOL

Haven't you folks figured out that ^you^ is the biggest freak'n dork on the entire planet. Yeah that's right, ^you^ ... we're :laughing: at you, DORK !!!! Happy April Fools Day ;-)

riguerin:
Haven't you folks figured out that ^you^ is the biggest freak'n dork on the entire planet. Yeah that's right, ^you^ ... we're :laughing: at you, DORK !!!! Happy April Fools Day ;-)

I'm rubber, you're glue!

Here is my take on the difference between Recreational and Technical divers.

Recreational Divers: Vacations, exotic locations, local dives, air, reefs, Garibaldi, turtles, colorful fish, diving with my wife and family, PADI OW is good enough, mostly warm oceans, single tanks, LED lights, someone to schlep the gear, a strong teenager helps you back on the boat, guided tours, all the dive gear fits in one rolling bag, whale and dolphin sittings, manta’s, nudies, kelp forests, hot tubs, no deco, maybe rent a scooter, Mexican Taxis, Jim Bowie knifes, dive masters that have a sense of humor, very low death rate, $5.00 air fills, wetsuits, nobody cares what color your fins are, snorkel or no snorkel – nobody cares, no Kool-Aid and you will probably never see the inside of a decompression chamber. The only downside is some people laugh because we look like dorks.

Technical Diving: First you need a 55 gallon drum or two of money or you are a drug lord. Drysuits, twin tanks and deco bottles, nobody helps carry your ton-o-gear, you need a wheelbarrow, cart or several trips to get you stuff to the boat or shore, you like diving under the ice, you are required by all certifying agencies, instructors and DIR rules to only wear black, for foreign travel you need to lease a container for gear transport and did I mention you now have a leak in your drysuit at 160’ in water that is +/- 35 deg and an hour left for deco? In addition, you think you are the smartest, most experienced diver on the boat, you spend $200 on gas to dive the Doria, your very life depends on the $3.00 worth of line you have stretched over 300’ in that cave, somebody always has a better scooter than you, 25+ training dives, five agencies, your wife/husband will never dive with you again, very difficult to find a buddy that is as rich and has the same amount of time off you do, Its really hard to find a buddy that has the skills you do and that will do exactly what you say to do, you end up diving solo (read more bottles), someone always silts the site and blows your chance at using your $10,000 HD video camera, you hope to God someone finds you soon because that beam you just swam by has trapped you in the pursers cabin, you bring hundreds of aspirin just in case and you have DAN on speeddial.

One the plus side, the rec divers don’t laugh at you or think you look like a dork.

Davehttp://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=185834&page=3

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Did you buy a fireproof wetsuit Dave?

merxlin:
:popcorn: :popcorn:

Did you buy a fireproof wetsuit Dave?
Classic EDD. Excessive Defensiveness Disorder. No worries. 'sall good.

"DAN on speed dial"... Now THAT is funny. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom