Well, lets try again.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Teresa and I were going to stay down in the southern dive area, after the Wrinkles BBQ (and dive :11: ) last saturday, and dive Malaga Cove on sunday. But, due to the surf conditions we called it off, and put our tails between our legs, and drove back to Ventura Saturday. We want to try this again. We are thinking about meeting at Malaga Cove, Palos Verdes, 7:00am For one or more dives, then we can move to Old Marineland if we desire. Everyone is welcome to join. If you need a buddy, someone will be glad to dive with you. Please PM me, if you plan to attend.
Thanks, Rick

Going to attend:
1.) Teresa & Rick (Rickster)
2.) Ron (non Scubaboard member)

Sounds interesting. I assuming you are talking about Saturday October 15th 2005.

The walk down to Malaga cove is on the long side, and the hill is somewhat steep the last half on the way up. The walk down to Terranea Resort (Old Marineland) is also on the long side. Those two together will make for a great aerobic day.

Visit the http://www.sandeaters.org dive sites description and check out the aerial photos of the dive sites.

I would love to join you but I will be out of town next weekend.

pasley:
I assuming you are talking about Saturday October 15th 2005.

OOPS! I forgot the date. Yes it is Oct. 15th, 2005. Thanks, Melvin, for the link to the Sandeaters info pages. There is some great descriptions there. Also, we can meet up and dive when you get back.
Rick

Rickster

Malaga Cove is right near me.

I went down to check the conditions at lunch (Friday 14th) and found 2 people packing up their gear.

They said the visibility was arount 2-5 feet....YIKES!!!!

LLKZ16:
Rickster

Malaga Cove is right near me.

I went down to check the conditions at lunch (Friday 14th) and found 2 people packing up their gear.

They said the visibility was arount 2-5 feet....YIKES!!!!

Doesn't sound good. I have been looking at the wave reports, also. That change of wind direction isn't promising, at all. Guess this one isn't going to happen. Anyone know of somewhere else I could go, that is protected from the waves coming in from the north?
Thanks Rick

Rickster:
Doesn't sound good. I have been looking at the wave reports, also. That change of wind direction isn't promising, at all. Guess this one isn't going to happen. Anyone know of somewhere else I could go, that is protected from the waves coming in from the north?
Thanks Rick

malibu is protected from the north. call 310-457-9701 to get the lifeguard report; 1ft surf is great for diving, 2-3ft is so-so, over 3ft is bad. zuma beach report is for spots west of point dume, malibu surfrider is for spots east of point dume. if you don't have scheckler's guide to so-cal beach dives, get it.

redondo canyon, deeper that 40ft, is always a good dive, regardless of wind/waves, especially at night or at sunrise.

marineland should be good tomorrow

scott

Thanks Scott.
Marineland was our second choice, so I guess it moves to first. I will do a dive report on it tomorrow.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom