Well that was stupid ... complacency strikes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It took me several years to realize I wanted a pony as well. I use a 6 or a 13 for local diving. I can loan you a 13 with a mount until Santa comes. I have an extra - but you would have to use the dreaded YOKE reg..LOL

I appreciate the offer, but I think that'll be part of my spending spree in the next couple weeks. This is typically my quiet time of year for diving - I haven't been on a recreational trip in a month - and I was planning on taking the two LP steel 120s I just acquired in for hydro soon. Might as well drop the additional change for a pony and a backup reg; I figure if I do that in the next month or so then the viz/hydro checks will come due during the slowest time of the year.

It's nice not being an impoverished grad student anymore, I must say. :thumb2:

What does this mean?

Sucked on the reg and was unable to draw a breath - i.e., like putting your mouth on an empty Coke bottle and trying to draw a breath from it. So despite the fact that my gauge was flatlined, I still had enough in the tank that I could get a number of breaths out of it at 60-75 ft.

Back
Top Bottom