Welland Scuba Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quick update on the Welland Scuba Park!

With more and more divers starting their dive season and getting into the water its a great time to point out a few things.

Regardless of news articles, you DO NOT NEED TO JOIN A CLUB TO DIVE THE WELLAND SCUBA PARK!! Save your money and just dive! Next project is getting the stairs underway. There is no particular dive club associated with the creation of the Welland Scuba Park. This is a continuing project that a small group of divers had started a number of years ago, and has taken a few years to get going in the right direction, but its getting there. After showing some much needed guidance and direction to the WRCC, we were able to get the tour boat cleaned up and approved for sinking. This boat now sits in 30 ft of water approximately 220 ft off the main line towards the train bridge and is marked from the surface with a white jug.

When diving at the various entry points please mind any litter created. Also be mindful of passerby's when getting ready for a dive or after the dive while changing. There is only one location that is always open that provides a place to go to the bathroom, other than the Hockey house if you choose it. Be aware that this park puts divers in the public eye with the residents, so lets keep it clean.

Thanks guys and safe diving all around!

Hi, my boyfriend and I would like to dive the canal this weekend but we have never been there. It would be nice to tag along with someone who is familiar with the area. Anyone thinking of going on Saturday, July 4th sometime before noon?????

Hi, my boyfriend and I would like to dive the canal this weekend but we have never been there. It would be nice to tag along with someone who is familiar with the area. Anyone thinking of going on Saturday, July 4th sometime before noon?????

Hey i would love to show you around but saturday morning im busy but if you post on

Scuba Ontario - Powered by vBulletin there might be some one that can help you out if not pm me i might be able to be there sunday

I miss Canada on Canada Day the most! What are you guys doing to celebrate... all I can do is create a thread in honour of the Day!:depressed:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/no...006-oh-canada-happy-birthday.html#post4526772

Interesting I found ScubaSteve and Shoredivr's stompin grounds!

Happy Canada Day guys.. have one for me!

beerW2.gif

Interesting I found ScubaSteve and Shoredivr's stompin grounds!

:huh:

Thanks for the Bday wishes bowl.....at least in my area, Mother Nature blessed us with a nice day up until it was time for me to BBQ the steaks. I did that in heavy rain but that is OK. Where were you when in Canada?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom