Wendy's Ginnie Springs Encampment and Dive Party

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_jenny once bubbled...
sounds like fun! don't kow if I can make it or not yet. How far is it from ft lauderdale?
any bubble watchers going that can watch little bubbles also?

Ginnie is about 1.5 hours from Orlando if that helps. Its off of I-75, just north of Gainesville, you would take the Alachua high Springs exit and and Ginnie is just on the other side of High Springs.

thanks Wendy! I have a friend who lives in Ocala....(thinking, planning, hmmm.)

well i am glad to see my co-host doing her job and taking all the hard work my shoulders planning this trip lmao !!! I will work on the weather... Hey Miss.Wendy maybe at your leasure you might be able to work up a price total excluding gas and food. just the dives and camping for the board so some people are not counting fingers lol. in your spare time of course. Thanks a bunch for all your hard work. lol anyways i am looking forward to this trip as well. Am looking forward to a couple drinks sitting around dinner again relaxing and talking to everyone. Hey wilbill that meg tooth is not the pic of me sitting in the back of my truck when i first got their. wonder where it came from???

I'm crossing my fingers. I can't think of a reason why not at this point. If all else fails, it'd be worth giving up some of my blackmail material back to my brother for a weekend's babysitting. :whist:

Ok so far this are the folks that are coming, but I don't know how many nights they plan on camping, if they are cmaping, etc. Remember, just cuz you post here that you are coming doesn't mean you have a reservation to camp. Everyone needs to call Ginnie Springs directly to book a camp site. And if camping isn;t for you, there are a couple of hotels in High Springs down the road.

Wendy (camping Friday and Saturday)
8buck
NetDoc
Wildbill + 2
phree337
darkmoon3d
scuba_jenny + at least 1

I'll up date this as I get more info.

I saw that also 8buck. Wendy did you notice the pic that peter posted of 8buck sitting on his truck at Venice? It's missing the Meg. For those thinking??????? right now, Wendy, 8buck and myself went back to the scene of the crime on Sunday and someone had put a HUGE (plaster cast) Meg Tooth on one of the red diamond signs at the entrance to the beach. We all knew that it could not have been there on Sat. when we were there.

We were going to take a photo of it but it started raining (imagine that) pretty hard when we went to leave.

Wildbill:cop:

I noticed it was in that pic of 8buck. Weird...maybe the meg tooth fairy put it there.

WoW great and WaHoo too even..been looking for an excuse to go to Ginnie again. It would be really great to meet y'all as well. Won't be camping but me and the little lady would be up for the Saturday dive. Budget..weeee don'neeed no stinkin budget !!!

Wendy (camping Friday and Saturday)
8buck
NetDoc
Wildbill + 2
phree337
darkmoon3d
scuba_jenny + at least 1
ReefGuy + ?
finaddictfred + 1

wow, that's already at least 13 people!!

I have 1-3 friends who might come just to snorkel (they're not divers yet). We were roughly planning on taking a few days vacation to Orlando sometime in September so this would work out perfectly. Hope to visit Universal, Disney, and springs diving.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom