West Pass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys, I saw a pole spear set up like that at a dive shop in Jacksonville, it had a trigger thing that held the band and griped the shaft where ever you wanted it to instead of using your hand to grip the shaft. They told me it was nice because you could cock it and and not have to hold the force of the band with just your grip. It looked pretty nice, though I have not seen one around Mobile anywhere...

SuPrBuGmAn:
Sounds like a Hawaiin sling, not a polespear.

When do you fellas want to get this Whiskey dive together? :D There has been more than one cobia shot off that wreck. I haven't been lucky enough to have tagged one on my own, but I know of several accounts.

We all do need to get together and do some fishing Id sure like to get off a shot at one of them Cobia's , Ever try the pass under the bridge around the supports? The tides really don’t look the best till this weekend I’ll even go one further the first round is on me along with a twenty piece .

I would also like to collect some stone crab claws along the jetties when we can find the time I hear their getting pretty thick along it.

Port Tack:
Hello: I did some snorkling at west pass today. Just wanted to check it out and see if it would be worth diving. The dredging is on-going and the main channel is probably 8 ft or so deep from the gulf past the bridge and water pipes going over the cut. The dredge is working back toward little lagoon now. It was fun to get in the water, but I do not think I will dive there. I saw a lot of fish (no flounder) especially along the walls and around the pilings in the shade. My big find of the day was a five dollar bill. Heck, that will buy a bit more than a gallon of gas.

I just got in from snorkling down at the pass. I saw a few fish at the pilings, but i spent almost 30min helping a kid look for his sunglasses( a little practice for the Search and Rescue certification:)).Anyways, when is visibility the best there. It was only about 3ft. Your right though, doesn't seem to be worth a dive.

Port Tack:
My big find of the day was a five dollar bill

It must be Linclon season, cause I found a $5 snorkeling at Alabama point yesterday. Maybe i'll find a $10 next time. Just think of all the gas that could buy!!

It was high tide when I did my snorkling and the deepest spots I found were probably 8 feet or so. Not really a diving spot, but kind of fun to snorkel. I may do the Whiskey wreck early Sunday AM. Some friends want to go out there, anchor a float and snorkel while I dive it. Not sure if that is a good plan or not.

Mike

Its not a bad idea, several people snorkel the Whiskey.

I may be out there.

I will say hello if I see you there. I think I have seen you in UW on Hwy 98.

Mike

PS I have heard of funneling the beer but I did not know you could snorkel the whiskey :)

Only for a good time quick and a bad time shortly later :D

Its possible you've seen me around UWW, I'm there too often :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom