Wet suit size trouble

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trista

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi!

I've been looking for a wetsuit to purchase, but the problem is their sizes are all to big for me. I'm a petite girl, a size 0/1 in juniors. All the wetsuits I viewed usually start at a size 4. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do or wehre I should look? Thanks a bunch :)

Trista

You need to try them on.
I wear a size 2 in clothes but my wetsuits are size 6. (Mares and Bare).
Don't be put off by the size numbers, take a look at the measurements and above all try them on. They can fit VERY differently.
Good luck

Bare has a broad size offering and they even go down into the youth range. Here are the sizes but as aways the proof is in the donning.

Pete

Thanks so much everyone! Would you reccomend the Mares 5-4-3 Trialistic ? I've been looking at the reviews but there are only a few.

I have just bought that exact suit. I have only dived it in the local quarry and it is very easy to get into. I leave next week for a 3 week trip around Komodo and other parts of Indonesia and that suit will be my main exposure protection.

The only thing I have noticed so far is that the legs seem shorter than my Bare (3/2) suit. It was very warm in the quarry even below the thermoclines. I would rate the fit as "pretty good" as I think the Bare fits better with the panels around the middle. But the warmth and ease of getting into and out of are way up there for me. I really dreaded a 5mil suit but after trying several this one was the best fit and easiest to slither into.

Again I am a fairly small person too, size 2 in clothes but the suit is a 6 and a good fit.
Hope this helps you some. Everybody is different though so I can't stress enough how important trying on is!!!

Thanks! I was really considering the Mares. You'll have to let me know how it held up on your dive! I've been reading and there were a few people who have had trouble with the seams, but as we all know there are always going to be flukes with some.. they are not all going to be perfect. :) Unlike us of course.... :)

Trista

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom