Wetsuit for Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh yeah... Not that there is a helluva lot to see on some ocean dives...:mooner:

You're kidding, right?
If it's a no/low viz your talking about, where you can only see your computer/bt when it's a couple of inches from your face, I've only had that happen 2x in 4yrs. Other than that, it's all good and put me in the Atlantic anytime over DS. That being said, see you at DS on Sunday. LOL

Some people should be careful how high they put their nose as it just might block out the sun.
Dutch is a great place for practice.
Not everyone can afford a boat every weekend.

A few bottom temperatures from 2007:
May: 44 degrees
June: 46
July: 51 (76 at the surface, mmm bath water)
August: 56 (air temp 85)
September: 56

Of course, it's much toastier at 25'.

I like DS. It's half an hour from home, and a good place to hang out. I'll agree with you about DS. That's why I gotta hit it this weekend, so I can get some viz. Alot of the problems are still with the construction on the south wall. It is supposed to be excellent right now. However, with the tadpoles coming, it will be short lived.

Hell, Fran, if I lived in NJ, I'd be diving there all the time. :D Actually, I going to make a great effort at getting more boat dives in this year.

C'ya!

Some people should be careful how high they put their nose as it just might block out the sun.
Dutch is a great place for practice.
Not everyone can afford a boat every weekend.

Oh geez. You again, Mr. Marks. I thought I 'shook' you over at the other thread. I don't dive the boats EVERY weekend. Sometimes I do other things than dive. Somethimes I jump in the inlet. And I never caught a lobster at Dutch. Crabs in the locker room, maybe. But no lobsters. No flounder, either. And as far as 'practice' is concerned, I think dealing with low viz, currents and seas is about the best practice you can get. I'd rather not drive an hour and a half to jump in a hole in the ground with crap on the bottom. How can you go to the same friggin' place again and again and again ? How many times can you look at a decomposing helicopter ? Obviously many times. Hey, maybe I'm f-ed up. I don't know. Set me straight, Mr. Marks.

P.S. Some of you guys take this poop way too seriously. Lighten up. Have some fun with it for Christs sake !

I thought my last statements said it all

I thought DS was cool when gas was two bucks a gallon. Don't get me wrong, Its a nice place to bring the family and hang out. Two years ago I bought a season pass for my wife and I. She is not a diver but she would hang out with us or go shopping at wal-mart and wegmans for six hours. This year its a new ballgame. Gas will be about four dollars by the summer. I can't make the two hour drive from the Bronx and pay 30-something bucks every two weeks. I might go twice this summer. Since I'm not very wealthy, I cant afford the dive boats much. My new thing is Beach 8th st in Queens. Its free, I can do my dive and still have the rest of the day to do other things. Another good thing is there is always some cool sea life to look at. late summer the tropical fish are around and its cool to see the contrast between the local and tropical fish. The only bad thing I can say about Beach 8th is the parking. You have to get there early to snag a good spot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom