Wetsuit Heater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got 2nd dgree burns on my stomach from one of those chemical heat packs. The manufacturer was supposidally notified, but it sure caused some nasty blisters and huge red marks, along with being very painful. BTW: I followed the instructions of the boat that I rented mine from. Big Mistake!

I wore those salt heat packs between a 1/8" vest and the rest of the suit. It was enough insulation to keep the skin from getting too hot.

Good idea for divers... heat dry and heat wet ....
Thanks you for sharing

It is basically a pad, approximately 5 X 10 that is simply inserted between you and your neoprene and connected to a battery that attaches to your tank strap. I used it on two freshwater spring dives last year and it worked pretty well. My dive buddy had two and he used the other. I was using a 5 mil suit with a hood and never got cold. It was a warm day and the spring was about 72 degrees. Not a bad idea and it seemed to work OK. I normally don't dive in springs so I haven't used it since that first dive.

GradualAccent:
I got 2nd dgree burns on my stomach from one of those chemical heat packs. The manufacturer was supposidally notified, but it sure caused some nasty blisters and huge red marks, along with being very painful. BTW: I followed the instructions of the boat that I rented mine from. Big Mistake!

Ouch! What kind of heat pack were you using?

DanBMW:
It is basically a pad, approximately 5 X 10 that is simply inserted between you and your neoprene and connected to a battery that attaches to your tank strap. I used it on two freshwater spring dives last year and it worked pretty well. My dive buddy had two and he used the other. I was using a 5 mil suit with a hood and never got cold. It was a warm day and the spring was about 72 degrees. Not a bad idea and it seemed to work OK. I normally don't dive in springs so I haven't used it since that first dive.

He didn't get cold because he was using a 5mil suit with a hood in a heated swimming pool. Heated wetsuits? Com'on....

TheFoggyMask:
Heater for your wetsuit? Quit screwing around and just buy a drysuit.

No scewing around here......... I happen to have a drysuit. In the milder months up here it's nice to peel back the neoprene and leave most of the weight on shore. Thank you for your contribution to the thread.

Pete

I don't remember off hand. They were suppost to be safe against your skin, but these got too hot (still have some of the red marks from 2001). It did not come with a protective neoprene pouch to use it in. And if you are using a one piece 7mm there is no layers in between to place these.

I'm looking to perhaps get a semi-dry for Great Lakes diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom