Wetsuit or Semi Dry 7m recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just dove the Mares yesterday. It is incredible, absolutely the warmest suit I have ever dove, it is a whole different level than a standard 7 mil wetsuit. Extremely easy to don (so long as you have a buddy to zip the back), flexible, comfortable, dry and WARM.

If scuba.com is out of your size, check on ebay as there are lots of different sizes for sale including large (which scuba.com does not have), but for 299. Even then, I would not hesitate to recommend it.

"Dry, or dry not. There is no semi."

Yoda_SWSB.jpg

Actually, that is true for drysuits as well, I tested my new drysuit at the same time and did build up dampness from condensation. It was "drier" (not warmer) than the Mares, but I would definitely NOT call the Mares wet in any typical sense. The Mares had advantages in terms of needing less weight, easier donning and doffing, less complexity, better trim and buoyancy control due to not having the "bubble" moving around, and a slicker surface with less drag. The drysuit had the advantage of, well, being dry except for the internal humidity/dampness. I will continue to experiment to see if I prefer the drysuit once I get more used to it.

Back
Top Bottom