Whale sharks 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tuesday May 21 - the fishermen reported seeing a whale shark but none of the dive boats did. Tomorrow we will do a split trip with a dive at Silk Cayes, followed by the turtle, ray, shark snorkel and then do the late time slot for whale sharks at Gladden Spit. Guests are anxious to give it a go but also want to get a good sightseeing dive in and Silk is a good spot for that and the snorkel gets rave reviews.
Regards
Ralph

---------- Post added May 22nd, 2014 at 11:32 PM ----------

Wednesday May 22 - No whale shark sightings today. Splash had one boat there for two dives. Patty and I went on a second boat that dived the barrier reef at Silk Cayes in the morning and then went to the whale shark zone for the second dive. Two other boats were at Gladden Spit. Saw very active bait fish boil that really impressed our guests. Those bait fish boils often attract whale sharks but not this time although there were bull sharks chasing the bait fish. Looks like the whale sharks have moved on and should be back for the full moon in June.
Regards
Ralph

I haven't seen any Whale Shark report for June. Has there been no sightings?

Patty and I are in Canada for a short vacation and will be back in Belize in a couple of days and will start reporting again.

Regards
Ralph

Patty and I are in Canada for a short vacation and will be back in Belize in a couple of days and will start reporting again.

Regards
Ralph
Yesterday June 18 divers saw two whale sharks on surface near Pompion Caye - spotted due birds circling over a baitfish boil. Same thing happened today but only one whale shark. No whale sharks spotted yet in the whale shark zone at Gladden Spit.
Regards
Ralph

Ralph, see if you can talk them into hanging around in August. :eyebrow:

Ralph, see if you can talk them into hanging around in August. :eyebrow:

Downing, we can go looking for them in August - look for the birds outside the reef and head to where they are feeding to see if a whale shark is feeding too.

No boats out for whale sharks today as water too rough. Splash does not promote whale shark diving in June due June tending to be a windy month (although last year June was great for whale sharks).

Regards
Ralph

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom