What A Crab!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

great porcelain crab! we have lots of them here in dumaguete. Saw a small spiky, white & purple crab that lives in soft corals (Dendronephthya?) recently; you have any pics of those?

Nice crabs...where's the tartar sauce???? Just kidding, I like these guys a lot, have one in my reef tank.

Here's my pic...

Porcelain%20Crab%202.jpg

marku:
great porcelain crab! we have lots of them here in dumaguete. Saw a small spiky, white & purple crab that lives in soft corals (Dendronephthya?) recently; you have any pics of those?

When we were in Lembeh we saw several different types of crabs / shrimp on dendos, could you be talking about this guy...

Squat%20Lobster.jpg

or this guy?

Black%20Coral%20Crab.jpg

Ed_Dman:
I ain't no normal crab!

img6281a4wb.jpg

Just Crabbing Around!

Happy Diving & Keep Those Cameras Rolling!

Ed.
WOW! That pic is awesome.....one of the first things that intrested me in the ocean was photography. Through the old Cousteau books which, I still have a complete set of.

It wasnt until I started diving and the owner of my LDS let me use his Video Camera on a dive, that I developed a respect for whats involved with photography and videography. Great detail.....what was used to "capture the moment"?

What are those "Crop Circles" where the claw connects to the body? Is that the result of Photoshopping to remove some pictorial deformity's?

Regardless, outstanding job! I hope to match that someday. For now - my next obstacle is a drysuit.

mikswi:
What are those "Crop Circles" where the claw connects to the body? Is that the result of Photoshopping to remove some pictorial deformity's?.
Looks like his name on the picture. Its a big version of the one in the top right of the pic.

Yeah, I picked up on that as well and I figured that if he wasnt the original creator of the pic, he would have "photoshopped" that out as well.........
05.gif
partridge:
Looks like his name on the picture. Its a big version of the one in the top right of the pic.

mikswi:
Yeah, I picked up on that as well and I figured that if he wasnt the original creator of the pic, he would have "photoshopped" that out as well.........
05.gif
Mikswi & Partridge! Yup! It's my name, Ed (my trademark)! It has been rotated & if you look closely, it looks like a diver's mask & reg! :D

By the way, thanks for all the nice compliments! CJames & Bella! Thanks for sharing yours! :wink:

Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing!

Ed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom