What about force fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter:
I like your Duck Feet, Nemrod.
#1 Reason not to get force fins.

Walter:
I don't understand the reason, Jeff.
Looking like Donald Duck.

I wasn't referring to the Force Fins, but to the Duck Feet. Starting at the Force Fin (1) and moving counterclockwise, it is number 4.

Owned a pair of Forcefins Pro for 4 years, until I went with splitfins, which were more efficient in the water.
But in defence of Forcefins, i must say they are very tough - you can leave them under the hot sun and not cause them to warp; foot pocket that don't constrict and cause foot cramps; the bungie straps make them very easy to put on. And they have a modern design - a high-end pair is on display at the Smithsonian.
My Forcefin Pros were negative buoyancy.

I wouldn't be caught dead wearing Force Fins, they just look too Dorky!( Sorry FF lovers, its my opinion and I'm intitled to it). Seriously, I've always hated the way they look and then got a pair in a bag of used stuff I acquired. Finally, when no one was looking, took 'em out to the pool for a try. And guess what, they were as crappy as I thought they'd be. I don't know what others are saying, but I know how to frog kick and you can't do it with these! They are a flutter kick fin only, and do a poor job of that.

Scuba Cowboy:
I wouldn't be caught dead wearing Force Fins, they just look too Dorky!( Sorry FF lovers, its my opinion and I'm intitled to it). Seriously, I've always hated the way they look and then got a pair in a bag of used stuff I acquired. Finally, when no one was looking, took 'em out to the pool for a try. And guess what, they were as crappy as I thought they'd be. I don't know what others are saying, but I know how to frog kick and you can't do it with these! They are a flutter kick fin only, and do a poor job of that.

Yes Dale, you are entitled to your opinion, but are you really that worried about what people think of your kit? If it works for me, I don't give a flying ******* what anyone thinks of my gear, to be honest.

So you gave them a quick go in the pool and came to the conclusion that they are crap. As I said in my previous post, people that do this generally do think they are naff, you have to dive with them several times to get the feel of them.

You might not be able to frogkick in them, mate, but I certainly can. If I need more power than the frogkick, I bend my knee 90° and when I straighten it out, I get plenty of thrust – and that's not a flutter kick by any means...

SassyScubaGal, as you can see, there are people who like 'em and people who don't – give them a go, and by that I mean a real try, and make your own mind up. Only you can decide whether they work for you or not.

Mark

I can frog kick mine also just fine.

Jeff, the Duck Feet Walter is taking about are the famous Voit UDT Super Duck Feet shown in my picture.

DSCF0217.jpg

At 12 oclock is the Voit SkinDiver, at 1 oclock is the USD Rocket Fin,at about 2 oclock is the ScubaPro Super Jet, at about 4 oclock is the Voit UDT, at 5 oclock is the Plana Graphite, at 7 oclock is the Nemrod Super Professional, at 9 oclock is the Force Fin Pro and at 11 oclock is the Voit Viking A66 (Super Viking).

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom